Sunday, November 11, 2012

Time Out

I have been thinking a lot lately... The past couple of weeks have been really rough for me and my beautiful little family. I thought I had escaped the terrible wrath of postpartum depression, but I was wrong. Very very wrong.

Although I love social media (probably a little too much) I have decided to take a time out and focus only on myself and my family for awhile. I have found myself thriving on the opinions of others and becoming so ridiculously upset if no one comments on pictures or blog posts, so much so that I have begun to base my self worth according to these things.

That's not the kind of person I want to be. I want to set, and I need to set, a better example for my daughter. It is also not fair to Spencer to feel as though he has to compete with everyone out there constantly. Relying on comments and likes is not the way I want to be. I'm definitely hoping that I can spend the next couple of weeks realizing my own potential and not feeling as though I need to rely on others to uplift me and make me feel special. I know I have a ton of things coming up that I want to blog about like the holidays, the state championship game next week, and who knows what kind of cute things Ani will do, but this will be better for me. It will be better for my family.

So I'm not sure how long I won't be blogging or facebooking... but until then... Happy Holidays!



No comments:

Post a Comment