Thursday, June 21, 2012

Date Night

Spencer and I were able to go on a long overdue date night tonight!!! It didn't last very long and we didn't do much and it didn't involve Taco Bell, but we had a blast and it was super nice to get dressed up (by dressed up I mean not wearing sweats and flip flops) and actually go out in public. I don't wear makeup very often, but I haven't worn it at all in weeks! And let's be honest... I haven't really even gotten "dressed" in weeks. I have been a little depressed the past couple weeks, and after a doctor's visit today (lost 3 pounds), I am officially on medication to help deal with the pain (vomiting) that I am experiencing. Basically pregnancy just isn't what I had thought or hoped it would be, so it makes me a little sad. So it was nice to feel somewhat decent looking going out tonight. So while Spencer was off taking tests, I got ready...


How do you like my high school Facebook picture taking skills... Seriously, I am friends with a lot of high school kids (no I'm not creep, just a coach) on Facebook and they post so many pictures of themselves like this. It's just weird. It's also probably a little weird that Spencer is friends with many high school cheerleaders on Facebook... that's creepy. Anyway, Spencer was super surprised and happy when he got home to see me up and about and ready to go out... that is until I made him take a belly picture for me.


He is amazed daily at the size of my belly. I don't mean to brag or anything, and maybe it's because  the pregnancy has been so rough, but no stretch marks! I am truly blessed and knocking on wood that I don't wake up tomorrow covered with lines. Huge blessing considering that I feel like a whale! So we decided to go to a movie. Spencer has been wanting to go for a while now and I kept saying no because it's just so hard for me to sit for that long, but I gave in tonight. He has put up with a lot lately... yesterday I woke up choking on my own vomit cause I had thrown up while sleeping and it really scared him because he really doesn't want me to die from being pregnant... and he has just been beyond amazing to me, so I figured I could do this little thing for him.


I have learned that if I smile not showing my teeth during these, the final days of pregnancy, I don't look so chubby... We decided to see What to Expect When You Are Expecting... So funny! Maybe because it's something we are going through right now, but we were laughing so hard. I did eventually have to get up and stand in the back of the theater, where these teenage boys thought it was the best thing ever that I was so pregnant and watching that movie... they also smelt horribly of B.O. that was nasty. Darn pregnancy nose... I can smell everything and anything within 500 feet of me. This is dangerous when it comes to food and cravings. I don't get to go by Taco Bell very often in order to save us money. The best thing about living in Rexburg is that for $14 you can get 2 adult 7pm movie tickets, 2 large drinks, and a large popcorn. Don't forget that anything that is sized large gets free refills!!!! And it is that BEST popcorn ever! You cannot beat that deal! And if you go before 5pm it's only $12... Good old college town!


I highly recommend this movie! I did cry my way through the ending (stinking hormones) but it was a great date! Now I get to get into my sweats, take my drugs, which also act as a sleeping pill (BONUS), and fall asleep watching some awesome reality TV show.


THANK YOU Spencer for such a wonderful date night! I'm sorry it had to end at 9pm, but I'm glad we got to spend time together doing something we enjoy! I will make it up to you by giving you a daughter... how about that? Deal?

No comments:

Post a Comment