Saturday, June 16, 2012

To induce or not to induce...

I do not like being told one thing by one person and then something completely different by another. My doctor told me 2 weeks ago to wait until this week and then do everything that I can to induce labor. Even though this would bring the baby early, he felt it was best because it's been such a hard pregnancy, and also because the symptoms I experienced earlier in the pregnancy were beginning to return, and he felt confident that she was ready to come. So we waited... and then this week we...
Walked around the track on campus... People really stare at you when are this pregnant and walking laps... Didn't their parents teach them staring is rude?

Jumped on the tramp at my parents old house... We also may or may now have chased kittens through their gardens as well. Cardio is a good labor inducer right?
P.S. - Did I mention that my parents and Jake and Ryan just moved to Kansas???? And Kim and her fam just moved to Oregon????

Spencer used his mad reflexology skills to massage my feet. I tell you what... I can feel those contractions when he rubs certain places around the ankle. Thank you massage therapy school!

Walked the lazy river at Rexburg Rapids for 2 hours... We didn't even care that we were the only people over the age of 13 there who didn't have children... Okay we cared a little.

And we did other things that are definitely not appropriate to post on here... Use your imagination.

This landed us in the hospital today for several hours with contractions about 5 minutes apart, severe back pain, and a baby who had the hiccups. Spencer enjoyed taking advantage of their unlimited supply of any kind of soda you could imagine... minus Baja Blast, which may be the best soda ever invented! Thank you Taco Bell!

Really starting to hate that in every picture, it looks like I just got my wisdom teeth out. Like our sweet sunburns from the pool???? Also I have no energy to blow dry my hair since I no longer am able to get comfortable at night and so I no longer sleep.

Anyway, our nurse at the hospital told us to stop EVERYTHING we were doing! And when I say everything, I mean everything... much to Spencer's disappointment. She put me on bed rest for the next month, or until baby girl decides to make her grand entrance. I was super bugged and cannot wait to go to the doctor's on Monday and find out what exactly is going on. She may have been a little off her rocker, because she did ask if I planned on having my daughter go through a circumcision... I know there is 4 weeks until her due date, and that the longer she stays in there the better, but you cannot tell someone who's had such a crappy pregnancy that they are going to deliver early and then take it back. It was nice to listen to her heart beat for a couple hours, and to know that I am dilating and that she looks GREAT (nurses words... not mine). Anyway, bed rest is super boring, especially considering that by the time this pregnancy is over I would have spent 4 months on bed rest. I have discovered some great TV shows like Duck Dynasty (AMAZING!!!), anything on HGTV, South Beach Towing, and Storage Wars. But I've watched them so much that everything's a rerun now. Oh well... the good thing about pregnancy is that there is always an end in sight!

P.S. - I am still majorly contracting, but there's no way I"m going back unless my water breaks because it was heartbreaking to be sent home!

P.P.S. - Jake this is a picture of the perfect van for you that is across the street from the Hart building... I could totally see you driving this!



No comments:

Post a Comment