Sunday, July 1, 2012

Huge, Hot and Ready To Go

My sympathies go out to every single woman who has ever been pregnant in the summer! I'm so thankful that I don't have to be pregnant all summer long... even though it feels like pregnancy will never end at this point. Unfortunately, we don't have A/C. That really sucks, but we are on the bottom floor so if we keep the blinds shut it stays pretty cool and we have an awesome fan which follows me around the house from room to room. We attempt to keep cool by spending time at the city's pool when we can (okay so we've only been once), as well as at my parents house here in Rexburg jumping on the trampoline with the sprinklers turned on... Yes, we are children. It really does feel amazing though, plus it's free, and the best part is that the house is empty and there's no little children running around screaming and splashing at us (yes, I actually do like kids, just not the annoying ones at the pool). Along with renewing our childhood love of backyard fun, we have also fell in love all over again with Otter Pops! They may or may not cause my heart burn to flare up, so we switch in between those lovely acidic treats and Arctic Circle's .79 cent ice cream cones. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!


Staying cool isn't the only pregnancy issue I am struggling with... Being in the last 2 weeks of pregnancy (hopefully shorter... cross your fingers for me) I am no longer fitting into much of my clothing. Yes, I haven't spent much money on pregnancy clothing, mostly because I would rather spend it on new clothing after the baby comes, but with today's style's a lot of my clothing allowed for my bump to grow and they still kept me covered... Now, not so much. I find myself constantly pulling down my shirt to cover my belly, while pulling up the legs on my sweat pants to not overheat. Feeling rather large. It doesn't help that Spencer points it out every day... not rudely, he just stares at my belly and comments on it's enormousness. I don't know if there is any way to effectively communicate to a man the experience of pregnancy. I know that they experience it too through our hormones and what not, but besides straight up telling them that you're uncomfortable and trying to explain the pains of contractions, there's no way for them to know exactly what it's like. Also, if one more guy tells me to buck up because getting kicked in their "special" area is a thousand times worse than having a baby, I will physically do them harm as well as some kind of witchcraft you can learn online to impose constant vomiting, nausea, and insensate urination. Seriously guys... be a little sympathetic... and you wonder why you're not married.


Spencer made me pack my hospital bag as well as a bag for the baby a few weeks ago, just in case and because I have a doctor that has diarrhea of the mouth and gives false hope, so we are ready in that aspect. I am getting to the point of extreme annoyance when I see the bags or even look into the babies room. That makes me cringe a little bit because that sounds awful, but my pregnancy is awful and I am so done. As excited as I am for baby girl to get here, I am more excited to not be pregnant. I have to admit that I will miss the look of being pregnant. I have always had such a huge body issue problem, and since becoming pregnant, I haven't struggled with that. No one can call you fat when you're pregnant... but other than that I am really looking forward to not throwing up several times a day, and losing the heartburn, and I cannot wait to sleep on my stomach again!!! The jealousy I feel towards Spencer when I wake up in the middle of the night and he's sleeping on his stomach, is really brutal. I am also jealous of anyone who can take medication... my body becomes completely immune to any and all medication when I'm pregnant, which is not awesome, and leads the doctor to tell us there's nothing they can do. I think that pregnancy is going to make me much more thankful for a lot more things in my life.


So while we wait patiently (yeah right) for the arrival of baby, I will continue to follow the advice of Dwight Schrute and constantly use the fitness orb... while eating ice cream of course. Here's to hoping the next post is about a new little person in my life. Also I love love love pringles!




1 comment:

  1. hang in there girly!!! She will all be worth it!!! I loved your comment about men. The only way they could complain is if they shoved a human out of there special parts hole. Then they could complain. You're gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete