Thursday, May 31, 2012

Finding the Positive in the Last Month of Pregnancy....

I am really struggling to remain positive about being pregnant and realizing what a blessing it truly is that I have been able to carry a healthy baby and that soon I will be a Mom. I don't want to seem ungrateful because I do feel blessed, especially when I have people in my life who cannot get pregnant. So even though I'm sick again, always uncomfortable, and feeling miserable, I am striving to find the positive in pregnancy.

POSITIVE 1



Because of my little, chubby, swollen feet, Spencer gives me the BEST foot massages... He's actually quite entertained by exactly how fat my feet actually get at night. He also knows reflexology from Massage school, which is actually used to induce women and speed up labor... He won't do it yet no matter how much I beg, but hopefully that will come in handy in about 3 weeks.

POSITIVE 2



Even though it leaves a massive dent on my finger and I often have to use lotion to get it off... my wedding ring still fits. I admit, I don't wear it if I'm hanging out at home because it does hurt to get off... super surprised I haven't ripped my finger out of the socket yet, but I'm thankful that I can still wear it and show it off when I want to.

POSITIVE 3



Please notice how the right side of my belly sticks out further than my left... Baby girl loves the right side of my stomach... especially the ribs. She spends most of her time in the ribs. It's AWESOME. (sense the sarcastic tone)But I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO thankful that I have only gained 21 pounds during this pregnancy so far. I always thought that I would be such a fatty when I was pregnant and put on at least 60 pounds. I feel very blessed to not have had to buy more then 1 pair of maternity jeans and 3 shirts because everything else can still stretch over the body... a little more tight and snug, but thank goodness for my large collection of t-shirts! Mostly cheerleading t-shirts, but it works. I don't have a problem supporting Copper Hills High School from Idaho.

POSITIVE 4



I have become much more thankful for my bed! Although I cannot get comfortable most of the time, I have realized how lucky I am to have a bed. I couldn't imagine being pregnant and not having a bed to lay on. I remember my Mom telling me that when she was pregnant with me she only had a mattress... there's no way in the world I would be able to get off that in the morning. Spencer and I have even lifted our bed a good 6 inches so that I can basically roll off onto my feet and be good to go.


POSITIVE 5


Due to my insane heartburn... no matter what time of day, whether I've eaten or not, no matter medications or tums, it is my constant companion... I get to eat ice cream all I want! It's really the only thing that mild's the annoyance that is heartburn. I don't like milk, so I can drink chocolate milk to dull the pain, but ice cream is just so much better! I'm so thankful I get to have ice cream in my house at all times.

Those are my 5 positives for now. I need to learn to not dwell on all the things I can't do, or am missing out on, and realize what a blessing and great experience I am having. I highly doubt this will be the last of the troubles this little girl is going to give me throughout her life, in fact it may be the least of the troubles. I can't wait to meet my little girl... and you know use the scars I've received from PICC lines and what not during pregnancy to guilt her when she's older... JUST KIDDING.

No comments:

Post a Comment