Sunday, March 11, 2012

6 months married, 5 months pregnant...

I myself was a honeymoon baby and never in a million years expected that before I hit the halfway mark in my marriage to be more than halfway pregnant... but I am... And we couldn't be happier. Yesterday was a gorgeous day and we were able to spend so much time outside and walking around and just having fun with each other.

I held up pretty good for the first hour then I started getting super tired. So when we got home, we took a two hour nap. We were also blessed enough to attend one of my family's long time friends daughters wedding reception. It was so great to see these people who we used to hang out with all the time when we lived in Oregon, and then just to be at a reception on our 6 month anniversary was pretty cool. Also can we talk about how when Spencer buzzed his hair, actually when he had me do it, I cried? I am so emotional it's crazy! I know it's hair, and it's boy hair so it'll grow fast, but it still made me really really sad!

Loving wearing tighter shirts so that the baby bump is actually visual. My cheerleaders are super funny when I wear something that actually is fitted... Normally for our morning practices I wear baggy t-shirts or sweatshirts so it doesn't really show much, but when I show up wearing normal clothes they go crazy. The other night at a showcase we were performing at at least half of them were exclaiming, "You look so pregnant!" They are always so amazed that there is actually something there. Another great thing about being pregnant is that you can wear tighter clothes and eat a ton and there is no pouch or food baby and that is AWESOME! Still loving the fact that I can fit into my regular jeans!!! Barely, but still good. Also my newest fear is naming the baby. We went from having 2 names that we loved to 4 options... that scares me! Names are so important and what if I name her wrong? Our 4 favorite as of right now are...
Ellyette
Lyla
Aniston
Ellyson
Really hoping when we meet her we will know...

I am so grateful for Spencer and all that he does for me. Every morning when we first wake up he goes and gets me a glass of juice so that I can settle my stomach before I eat breakfast. He never complains about it, and he always gives me a straw with it. He always asks what he can do for me and constantly tells me I am beautiful, even though I don't always feel that way. He thanks me for making dinner, and he helps me do the dishes... sometimes he even does it when
I'm taking a shower so that they're just done when I go to do them. Okay so normally I do them before I get in the shower, because that's a little gross to do them after you're already clean... but anyway he is great! He has been such a trooper through 2 months of IV's, pregnancy, and coaching. I know it hasn't been easy for him to allow me to share time with my cheerleaders and medical equipment, but he has been so amazing about it. I can't wait for the next 6 months... especially since we will have a little baby girl by then! Happy 6 months Spencer! I LOVE YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment