Sunday, April 3, 2011

Conference Weekend

So maybe my favorite thing about Conference is finding our favorite singer in the Mormon Tabernacle Choir with my brothers, a tradition that has been alive and well for about 5 years now. When that guy retires, we will be devastated! It was best this time because we saw him in person. We have named him Peter. Because he looks exactly like Peter Griffin on Family Guy. Seriously the excitement of my family when we see him while watching conference. It's intense! Even Jason texts us to tell us he saw him! I do love the speakers. I especially love when they say something that you feel was meant just for you. I love when my family comes down for conference with tickets. It was interesting to watch my youngest brother take notes during conference this year. Honestly I'm not sure if I have ever faithfully taken notes through an entire session. I love the bagpipe player outside on temple square playing Amazing Grace. Kind of upset that we don't have that song in the hymn book. I love that we didn't even have to wait in line to get in, and I love that the weather was AMAZING! I love that when the boys go to priesthood session the girls all go to Red Robin and then we bring home donuts afterwards... PS. I hate donuts! But it's a fun tradition. I love when Dad brings my special box down for me! I'm a little obsessed! I just really love being with my family. I can't wait for next weekend! Expect a picture overload! nothing less will suffice. I do miss Jason though. I wish he could've been here with us. And I love technology! The fact that I can clean my room and watch conference on my computer at the same time is brilliant! I do not love however, when any speaker talks about getting married or being single the fingers start to point. Trust me, I am completely aware of my situation. I don't need reminding. And I do not love having to do homework during conference... lame. Thanks Dad for tickets to conference and thanks to my family for putting up with me all weekend. I know that I can be a little annoying and overwhelming at times. I think I need to work on being more thankful. How many members of the church desire to actually go to the Conference Center and see conference? So many I'm sure, and yet here I am lucky enough to have gone countless times. It really is a blessing that I need to be much more thankful for and to take advantage of. I was reminded of this because as we were walking in Ryan felt so much guilt about being able to go when there were so many people outside with signs needing and wanting tickets. He's a good little guy with a great heart! It was a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment