Thursday, February 2, 2012

It's Groundhog Day!!!

I am now into my 3rd day of being 26... heavy groan... no birthday post because I'm kind of over my birthday and I was sick so not the best day. I do have an amazing mother and sister who I spent lunch with and a fantastic husband who made sure I was comfortable. Don't you love how facebook replaces texts and texts replaces phone calls? I really don't. I got a ton of messages on facebook, a few texts (thank you) and no phone calls... I don't think I like that very much. And yes, I am guilty of just posting a quick post on facebook when I should've called. So to those of you who I have offended... I am sorry. Anyway, today is Groundhog Day so I will be spending the night in my bed with my awesome hubby watching this movie!
I love it and I watch it year round, but how can you even pass February 2nd without watching it? I also love Bill Murray! I
was bummed to read that little Mr. Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow, because I think that's BS. We haven't even had a winter here in Utah (and I am NOT complaining about this! I have loved the lack of snow) so how can we expect 6 more weeks of that? So I did some research and discovered that our little friend Phil has only been accurate 39% ever! So then why do we celebrate this furry little dude every year?
I will admit, it is on my to do list to go to Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania someday and bask in the events surrounding Groundhog Day, but I really think that Phil does nothing except add to the lack of credibility of the weather man. How great would that be? To have a job where people turn on the TV to watch you but then actually expect you to be wrong? No fault. My kind of job! Anyway Happy Groundhog Day!!!!

PS - Groundhog Day is my official February holiday, due to the fact that I do not celebrate or recognize Valentine's Day as a holiday.... I bet there are enough people out there who feel the same way and we should start a club or something...

No comments:

Post a Comment