Sunday, April 22, 2012

3rd Trimester.... Finally!!!

I know there's still 12 weeks to go, but there were definitely so many times when I wasn't sure I would ever make it to the 3rd trimester. It's been a busy 2nd trimester for me with traveling to California and moving, and for the past month and a half I have had an awful cough, runny nose, and can hardly breathe. I am constantly exhausted, but cannot get comfortable enough to sleep. I feel mostly bad for Spencer because he has to struggle at night with me tossing and turning and making weird noses and struggling to breathe, which means he gets absolutely no sleep. I am still wearing normal pants and most of my regular clothing... wondering why I owned so many shirts that work as pregnancy shirts. Definitely have a growing belly. The other night Spencer grabbed a flashlight and turned it on and pointed it onto my belly.... baby girl DID NOT appreciate being woke up that way. Must get that from her Mom, because while growing up, my family use to fight over who had to wake me up because I did not wake up pleasant when I didn't want to be awake. I have never felt her kick as hard as she did or so much... Unfortunately I was the one who had to deal with the repercussions of Spencer's actions. Her favorite place to lodge herself is under my ribs on the right side... man does that hurt! I have been loving chocolate lately, which is weird because I have never really have liked chocolate. Ice cream with Oreos are amazing, anything salty. And my baby makes me proud and craves Taco Bell daily (unfortunately we can't succumb to that craving daily). I am experiencing crazy swollen fingers and feet (thank goodness for a husband who is a licensed massage therapist... PS, pregnant massages are not as enjoyable as normal ones), and of course going to the bathroom every hour or so. Spencer and I are both just ready for her to be here already... of course there are a few things that we need still but we are just ready to meet our little girl. Mostly we are super curious about her hair color! Haha! Even though she isn't due until July 15th, I am shooting for a July 4th delivery.... something to make my favorite holiday and our engagement anniversary a little bit better. We are getting closer to a name (one has a definite lead) but we are still waiting to meet her to give her the official name... It seems more real now that her room is all set up and ready for her. I just can't wait to see Spencer as a Dad and I love how excited he is for her arrival!

In other news my coaching career is not over. I will be coaching cheerleading at Madison High School this upcoming year and I am very excited about it. I have seen some of their footage, and they are a small but talented team! Very excited to have this opportunity!


1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the job and the adorable baby belly! Those are two great accomplishments! You look awesome :) I am so excited to see pictures of that baby!!!

    ReplyDelete