Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The Perfect Diaper Bag

Honestly, I had no idea what a struggle it would be to find a diaper bag. But let's be honest... this is a very important decision. I mean this bag is going to be going everywhere with you for who knows how long, and I'm kind of a picky person... I knew from the beginning that I didn't want your standard bulky obviously looking diaper bag. It's just not attractive and basically I think they're gross looking. I knew I wanted something gender neutral and not pink and girly because I want to be able to continue using it in the future, and also because I'm hoping Spencer will carry it around more than I will... this was also the reason for not just buying some awesome looking giant purse to throw everything in. There's no way my husband would carry that around all the time. Although he does do an excellent job of holding my purse and wallet for me every time I have to go to the bathroom. And we also didn't want to spend our life savings on a diaper bag... seriously the prices of some of these bags are insane!!! Anyway, we kept looking and looking, and I just couldn't find anything. Spencer found a couple of Eddie Bauer bags that could've worked if it came down to that, but I was just so sure that there was something else out there for me... and there was. Once Spencer and I discovered that you could open baby registries at certain stores and get free gift cards (Target = $20 gift card, Babies R Us = $10) we started scanning things like crazy... we purely did this for the gift cards. We didn't even plan on telling anyone we were registered. Plus, we basically scanned everything in the store... how the employees did not catch on I don't know, but free money is always awesome! So a couple weeks ago we headed up to Fort Union to their massive Babies R Us store to get our scan on... and then I saw it. It was beautiful!!!! I knew it was the one when we were sitting at the desk with the employee setting up the registry. I couldn't stop staring at it. And yesterday, it came in the mail. It's Columbia brand (who knew they made diaper bags) so I know it is durable, and it's a messenger type bag so if Spencer wanted he could totally use it was a backpack if he wanted. In fact, I think we should do that one day... could be fun. We loved the colors with the gray and green, and it's a lot bigger than I originally thought it would be. There's tons of room, it has a bottle cooling compartment, a messy bag area (for dirty things like dirty wipes... why you wouldn't just throw it away I don't know... I certainly don't plan on holding onto those used puppies), and tons of little pockets. Really very excited about it!!! Thank you to an amazing husband who bought it for me for our 7th month anniversary! You know you're getting old when the gifts you want aren't even for you.... It's for your kid! Now I just have to wait 3 months to use it.... 






1 comment:

  1. The messy stuff area is for when you have to stop on the side of the highway to change a blowout diaper and you don't want dirty wipes all over your car. :) -Jenny

    ReplyDelete