Sunday, October 9, 2011

High School Cheer!!!

Sometimes I get sad when I remember that I'm not in high school anymore. Then, I shortly remember, that I spend a lot of time around high school kids and frequently act like one. All of the kids are so surprised when I tell them how old I really am... So anyway... Feeling a little sentimental and remembering my days as a high school cheerleader, so I used the AWESOME scanner in order to share with you all my memories. Cheerleading for me wasn't about wearing the short skirts or getting all of the attention. My JV year in fact I always had my skirt pulled down as far as I could get it. I felt so uncomfortable in my uniform!!! ALWAYS! I didn't appreciate boys flipping up my skirt all the time, and I got really bad anxiety before every game. I hated when one teacher, when he would call roll, would always stop at my name and do some stupid motions and say "ready, okay". The dude was a perv anyway. I wasn't the prettiest or the most skinny cheerleader, but it didn't matter. Cheerleading brought something into my life that I couldn't find anywhere else. Cheerleading taught me motivation and it helped me to learn about passion. I loved cheering! I miss it all the time and wish desperately that I could somehow find that motivation again... that and it would be nice to lose some of the extra weight I've put on in the past 7 years... I do still fit into my uniform! High five for Jenn! I love the friendships that I made while cheering and the experiences that I got to have in my life. I met one of my best friends Nichole through cheer, and she came all the way from Oregon for my wedding last month! Our boys basketball team won state and I got to cheer at the Ducks basketball stadium, which was awesome! I loved having my parents at every game no matter where it was to support me. It makes me sad when my girls have been cheering for me for a while and I still have never seen their parents at a game. It makes me really appreciate my own parents so much more! Being a coach and attending all the game now makes me realize how exhausting it can all be!!! My parents were some serious troopers! I love being able to coach and to teach these girls how to do things and then being rewarded by the end product... but it's still not the same as actually cheering. I love when my girls ask me if I can still do a scropian... and their amazed faces when I show them I can. Or when they ask if I can jump down into the splits and I do it and bust my knee. So I guess it's time to grow up a little and find that passion and that motivation from somewhere else. Any suggestions?

Junior year... girls state basketball
Nichole and I senior year
I have always loved Taco Bell!!!!! ALWAYS AND FOREVER!
Sophomore year
boys state and University of Oregon
senior year football
senior year basketball with the Panther
Sarah, Molly, Hannah, me, and Nichole senior year
Me, Nichole, and Leslie junior year
yeah buddy!
me and Kara senior year

1 comment:

  1. Love love the old pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love looking back at old high school pictures! Maybe I should invest in a scanner. You were always my biggest cheerleader in basketball and I loved it. I still have all those sweet books you made for me. They make me laugh. I'd say you have already found that passion for something in being a cheer coach. I know it's never going to be that same feeling you had from cheering, but it comes close. That's why I love teaching and coaching basketball. I have so much passion for it and I try to work hard at it just like I did when i played in high school. So keep up the good work, I know you girlies love you!

    ReplyDelete