Sunday, October 9, 2011

Homecoming... Round 2... This is GREAT!

I just realized that I have had a lot of posts recently that start with "Homecoming".... Obviously I am not creative enough to think of better post titles... so I apologize. Anyway Copper Hills had their homecoming 2 weeks ago. The day of homecoming, I got a text saying that two of my girls were in a car accident and in the ER. They do this thing in Utah where you don't just go to dinner and the dance, but you do day dates, and spend the day out going to airborne or lagoon... and they have dances once a month here! That's expensive! Kind of glad that wasn't a thing in Utah. Spencer and I went straight to the hospital and stayed for about 3 hours to make sure everything was alright. I was able to go back into the intensive care area and see Bailee while she was back there. It was a little scary and super sad to see her just lying there, hooked up to s
o many machines and with a neck brace. Shanell, luckily, didn't seem to be too hurt at the time and was just really shaken up. So after we heard that they were going to release Bailee, we decided to head home. The next week during practice Bailee showed up on crutches and Shanell showed up with a huge brace on her leg and on her arm! Poor girls! But really they are super lucky... they weren't wearing their seat belts. Yes, I got very mad at them and every time we leave the awesome presence of one another I now tell all my girls to wear their seat belts. Anyway after thinking about it I felt bad for these girls who missed their dance, especially Bailee cause it was going to be her first homecoming. So that's when I decided to throw them their own homecoming. So last night, with the help of all my girls and their parents, we were able to throw them homecoming. It was not glamorous or super decorated, but everyone had so much fun! Some of the girls brought dates and some didn't. Everyone looked so pretty all dressed up! I
heard from at least two of them that it was way more fun then the actual homecoming dance. I hope that Shanell and Bailee enjoyed themselves and that my girls were willing to come out and to support each other and especially to give up their Saturday night to support Shanell and Bailee. It was kind of a crazy day for me because I worked from 8:45am to 8pm and had to get out to Copperton by 9pm, but it was so worth it. My husband has some sweet dance moves. The girls just loved watching him. They basically think he is the coolest thing to ever walk the face of the earth. Which, let's be honest, he kind of is. Thank you to everyone who helped set up homecoming and thank you to all the girls who helped! Even though I broke my heel and I forgot my belt, so I rocked the pregnant lady look I had a blast. I looked super tired and rough in these pictures, but I don't really care! And laugh all you want at our makeshift picture background.... it was just that awesome!
My broken heel
Spencer's sweet dance moves... Georgia obviously was enjoying watching it.
Yes, I am a teenager... and there really was like 20 people there. Haha!
Shanell and Bailee

Awwwww
This is Spencer's boyfriend Kyle... When Rachel is cheering and I am coaching, there are always together!
Bailee and Matt


Spencer doing his trick... Seriously all the kids went crazy when he did this!

Preggers.... Throwing up in my mouth a little. I have got to buy some dresses with sleeves too PS....
Me between the two giants!
All the girls and me!

No comments:

Post a Comment