Thursday, January 5, 2012

My Awesome Parents

While applying for grad school, you get to answer a lot of super fun questions... Some were about your parents. Two questions really made me super proud and made me crazy emotional to answer... Don't worry, I'm crying now and I cried when I answered the questions. The questions were as followed:

What is the highest degree of education that your Mother completed?

What is the highest degree of education that your Father completed?

When I took the ACT in high school and even when applying for college at BYU Idaho, I was only ever able to bubble in the high school option. Now, because I have the most amazing parents who
have set the very best example for me, I was able to fill in college for both of them. It was one of the most amazing things to be able to graduate with my Mom from college and to be able to have my Dad hand us our diplomas, you know because he was the best teacher ever at BYU Idaho (yes, he actually got that award) and you know he had to get a master's to be able to teach. I am so excited that my children or just one child - pregnancy still brutal - will be able to bubble in Mom's highest degree of education completed as college, and I truly hope that they will be as proud of me as I am of my parents. Thank you for setting such wonderful examples for me. I'm pretty sure that they got those degrees for themselves, well my Dad had made a promise to his
Mom that he would get it, but he did it I'm sure to feel accomplished and worry. And for my Mom the timing was perfect and it was something that could make her feel like she finally did it. I don't think they realized the absolute effect their decisions would have on their children. Well, at least 1 out of 5 of their children are inspired by their motivation and accomplishments.
THANK YOU MOM AND DAD!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment