Monday, May 7, 2012

24 Hours in Utah


Spencer and I headed down to Utah last Thursday afternoon so that I could attend Copper Hills end of the year cheer banquet. The days leading up to the trip I was pretty emotional about heading back to Utah and seeing the girls, but I think I held it together pretty well once I was there. I only really broke down badly once, but at least the cheerleader whose award I was giving out was bawling too. Made me feel a little better. It was a good end to an amazing year. The best part about it I think is that I didn’t really have to say goodbye to many of the girls because we all keep in touch all the time anyway. Whether it’s through facebook or texting, almost all of us keep in touch. It was sad knowing that I had spent every other day for the past two years with many of these girls and now I wasn’t going to be their coach anymore, but I am still excited to be able to start new relationships and to make new memories with my new group of girls here in Rexburg. But I can tell even after 1 practice that things are different here in Idaho… But I’m pretty sure it’s a good different.


Yes, I know I am super short....

After spending an amazing last night with my cheerleaders, we spent the next day with my family, minus the 2 ½ hours I spent in the movie theater watching The Avengers (not recommended for a 30 week pregnant lady… two thumbs up thought… mostly for Robert Downy Jr. and his dry humor. LOVE IT!!!) Most people know that my family has moved many many times while I was growing up. In 26 years, I have moved 35 times. That’s pretty crazy stuff, especially since I didn’t come from a military family. Well, my parents and my brothers are moving to Hoyt, Kansas at the end of May which means I won’t get to see them again until Mom comes to help with baby, and I won’t see my brothers until the baby’s blessing in September. My Dad is already in Kansas, so we didn’t get to see him but Kim and Cortney came over as well as Jason. It was nice to have all 5 kids together for a BBQ. When I got pregnant I was super excited because I knew my Mom would be there the entire time, so moving was tough, and now them moving further away is going to be harder. I’m super jealous of Kim now since she got to have my Mom 10 minutes away throughout her pregnancy and the first 8 months of Cortney’s life. She will be coming to spend an entire month with us, which I am excited about… especially since the doctor told me today that the chances of me delivering anytime after 36 weeks is very high due to the Hyperemesis and other complications. As long as she is healthy (which currently she is), 36 weeks sounds great to me! Anyway, it was just nice to hang out and laugh with my family.

I wish we could’ve stayed longer and do more, but Spencer had several tests and we needed to get back to Rexburg. Those 24 hours kicked my butt though. I am feeling very exhausted in this 3rd trimester so far. I could seriously lie in bed and watch HGTV or the Food Network all day long. I have also been super nauseous again and I have extreme pain in my feet.  I also now sleep with a humidifier and a nose strip so that I can breathe…. Feels like I aged 50 years overnight, but it makes such a difference. Another negative of the 3rd trimester thus far is the heartburn. Holy cow! I cannot wait until that’s no longer an issue! The doctor did give me some interesting suggestions for soothing my constant cough and runny nose…. But that deserves its own separate post… Be excited... be very excited...

No comments:

Post a Comment