Thursday, May 17, 2012

Crafty Curtains

 I'm starting to get super restless and super bored and stir crazy waiting for the little miss to get here... I have been spending a lot of time at the High School for cheerleading, in fact I've been there every day this week (love that the school is 3 minutes away from my house... everything in Rexburg is like 3 minutes away from my house) for uniform fittings and parent meetings and everything, so that's been good to get out of the house. With the Hyperemesis back and in full swing, I just don't like to leave the house... plus I'm so stinking tired all the time. I am beyond elated to be having a baby, but I cannot wait until I have control over my own body again! I measured my belly yesterday and I am measuring 45 inches around! The doctor told me I haven't gained a lot of weight... only 21 pounds, but my belly is huge! Someday I'll post another picture. Anyway, so besides watching super cool reality TV and cooking for Spencer inspired by Chopped and Top Chef, I have wandered around the house looking for crafty things to do... I believe this is called "nesting", but Spencer hates that word like I hate the word (cringe) "moist" so I'm not allowed to say it. Yesterday during my wanderings I ended up in the baby's room and noticed that the ties on the curtains weren't the right color. I love love love that my family put together this nursery for me, but the color was bothering me. Here are the ties before....

And then I once again used that fabric that my Mom left me along with some red fabric I had and pulled out the glue gun and sewing machine and turned that into this...


I love that I spent $0 on them and I was really happy with how they turned out.

Also I have a question... I've started looking for blessing dresses and I'm stuck! Where do you even find a good price on those? All of them that I have loved cost over $150... and that's definitely not happening for such a tiny dress. I do have my blessing dress, but it was also my Dad's that he was blessed in (yes, my Dad wore a dress), but I really want something new for her... Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment