Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Nesting...

That's right Spencer... I said it... Nesting. I am going stir crazy!!!!! I cannot stop crafting. Nothing in my house is safe! I never realized how much craft stuff I actually have sitting around just begging and waiting to be used. It's definitely kept me entertained this week. I desperately need to be entertained because besides being a full time student, Spencer started working this week (he is pretty amazing), at the same place that I actually worked at when I was going through school here in the lovely Rexburg, ID.
It's super hard to get a job here because of all the college students, so we feel blessed that we both now work part time and soon we will BOTH be students again. I will be starting my Master's in Secondary Education in July (or August)... great timing right? Baby and school. But I figured that I might as well do something with this extra time and more education is definitely not a waste of time and I cannot satisfy my craving and desire to be a teacher with coaching much longer. Still love, love, love to coach, but I can always do both and I am so inspired to teach. Anyway... let's get on to the crafts....

So I have had two of these lamps, once again from IKEA, and they were just U-G-L-Y! And maybe a little dirty considering I have moved like 5 times since I bought them... 
 Currently one resides in the bedroom and the other is on top of our piano, so I choose to decorate them differently. I mostly just fabric and ribbon for the one in the bedroom and then fabric and paint for the living room lamp. I like the living room lamp (gray w/white flowers) better.... I always have favorites! My poor children.

I also made some more curtain ties for the curtains that we have in our bedroom and in the dining room...

Next I made these super cute little signs that go over our closet doors in our bedroom... Totally unnecessary but I thought that they were cute... I definitely need something else in that area, but I can figure that out later.
 Lastly I made a car seat cover for the little miss (who is destroying my ribs). I really didn't want to go with pink, but since it's a darker shade and I really wanted it to match the car seat which has a little pink on it, I did the best I could.

I am loving my glue gun still and have quite a few blisters to prove that I actually use it. Next stop, sewing. I cut out a ton of fabric from old clothing and fabric I had to make skirts and dresses and leg warmers for the child. 

BABY UPDATE: We went to the doctor on Monday again and everything is looking good. They did a lot of blood work to check for a lot of different things, and he says everything looks great. Still measuring large and we have decided to shoot for the last week in June which will put me at 37 weeks. I am contracting a lot and am never comfortable, thank goodness those things are both normal!

No comments:

Post a Comment