Sunday, May 13, 2012

My First Mother's Day...

Spencer almost got punched like 6 times because he kept joking with me that I wasn't a Mom yet (I don't take jokes well while pregnant).... Well I tell you what boy, building a baby is no easy task. I remember reading somewhere that a woman becomes a mother when she gets pregnant, and a man becomes a father when he holds his baby for the first time. It was nice to get phone calls and texts from those wishing me a Happy Mother's Day... even my little brother Jake called me and repeatedly yelled "Happy Mothers Day!"... Interesting phone call. But it's kind of fun gaining a holiday by having a baby... And I'm super excited for Father's Day since baby may come 4 weeks early and Father's Day is 4 weeks early.... Could be fun!

Anyway, I have a fabulous Mom! She is so caring, amazing, sweet, nonjudgmental, thoughtful, loving, patient, and really I could go on and on. She loves to hug everyone and she is, as my Dad calls her, a social butterfly. She has always been there for me no matter what and I think that's what matters the most. No matter what kind of crazy, naughty, evil things I have done she has never stopped loving me and always let's me know that she's there for me. I cannot wait for her to come to Idaho when the baby is born so that I can learn more about how to better a Mom from her.

I am also thankful this year for Spencer's Mom. She did such an amazing job raising my husband! He is such a gentleman! He always opens doors for me, brings me flowers randomly... all the time, he rubs my feet when they are swollen (which is all the time), and he is just so amazing! I know that his Mom had so much to do with that. I am so thankful for her and how much she cares about us and worries for us. Spencer is going to be a great Dad because of her!

My morning started with breakfast in bed, which was a nice surprise... especially since I had had a rough night and was sick the entire time. It was a pretty laid back day, so that I could recover. Spencer and I went out and threw a football around yesterday (I amazed him with my sweet arm... thank you Dad) and that killed me! It was so much fun, but it may not happen again until after baby. I worked on mirrors that go in the baby's room. I had bought these mirrors super cheap from Ikea 5 years ago and had never really used them. Basically because they were ugly. So my Mom gave me some left over fabric that matches the quilt she made for the baby, and then I covered the mirror with the fabric and then I used some red ribbon and buttons to sass them up. 


They aren't the most high class mirrors ever, but they look dang cute in her room! PS - I love love love glue guns! For dinner I made Bow tie Festival Pasta from The Cheesecake Factory. I made it minus the bow tie pasta (which is my favorite!) because Spencer thinks we eat that kind of pasta too much. 

 But it was so dang good! Then Spencer surprised me with the only thing I asked for for mother's day... an ice cream cake from Dairy Queen. Apparently in order to make room for the cake he had to put some of our freezer food over at the neighbors..... awkward, but it was so good!

I can't wait until next year when I actually have a baby to hold who knows me as Mom... still weird to think about that. Well, I'm thinking I need to go eat some more garlic bread... So Happy Mother's Day to all you awesome Mom's out there... especially the ones who have had such an impact on my own life!

No comments:

Post a Comment