Saturday, August 11, 2012

Our Future Olympian

I LOVE watching the Olympics! I think the word "love" might be an understatement actually. That is all that has been on our TV since it started... except Project Runway. I have to keep up with Project Runway. But seriously, I just can't get enough of the Olympics! I love constantly being amazed at the strength of the athletes (like this guy... Oscar Pistorius. He is my hands down favorite of the 2012 Olympics and he's not even from the USA! He is an amazing inspiration and role model! Plus he runs faster then I could ever even hope to in my wildest dreams! Basically he is AMAZING!!!!)

and I cry every stinking time they play the national anthem when the USA wins a gold. Everytime!!!! Also, when they show the parents of the athletes in the stands or play those dang P & G commercials I am a wreck! I cry for like 5 minutes every time! And they play at least 2 of those commercials every commercial break! Basically I have spent the last 2 weeks bawling while watching TV. I feel like I have learned a lot. I learned that white water rafting and mountain biking are Olympic sports, there are cheerleaders for indoor volleyball (weird), and that Ryan Lochte pees in the Olympic swimming pool. All useful information. Watching the Olympics constantly for two weeks has caused Spencer and I to reflect on what sports we have played and wonder about what sports Aniston will play. With Spencer's insane athletic ability and the fact that she has already attended more cheerleading practices in her short 5 weeks than most people by her age... we figure that she will have an interest in some sport. At least one, if not more. So we decided to test some sports out on her young self so that we could pull a China and start training almost from birth...

SWIMMING = NO
She kind of hates the water... Okay there's really no kind of about it. She straight up hates the water... But she loves to make the pirate face with only one eye open. ARRRRRR.... Also our child is somewhat of a wookie... check out all the hair... EVERYWHERE!!!!

CYCLING = NO
Her arms and legs are a little too short at this point, so there's no way we could get one up on the game and start training... It may help to get a child size bike first I guess... Go big or go home though right?

GYMNASTICS = MAYBE


She looks pretty good on our imitation balance beam, and check out she skills halfway through a tumbling pass on the beam. We just need to teach her to point those toes and those fancy arm motions they do to kill time.

Then again... She seems miserable at tumbling...

SOCCER = NO
She doesn't seem super interested in the ball. If she wants to play this in her spare time, that's a good option, but I think it's out of the Olympic running. Plus I'd rather not have pictures of Aniston in her sports bra plastered over every magazine cover.

BASKETBALL = NO
How cute is that face!?!? Basketball is mostly no because I know there's no way in the world she's going to be tall enough... Mommy's got the short gene....

TENNIS = MAYBE
Once the racquet is no longer bigger than her I think we could have a good option. But once again... no way to start that training until a little later. Do they make child sized tennis racquets? Make that infant size???

CHEERLEADING = MAYBE (Spencer is gonna kill me)
If I had my way I would say YES!!! But I've promised not to push her into cheer. Even though I know it's not an Olympic event and it never will be, they had those cheerleaders for the volleyball.... she could get in on that... Although I think it was kind of lame... maybe she high school/college level for this one.

ROWING = YES!!!!!

They wouldn't let us take her picture on the rowing machine... darn BYU I gym workers, but I think that this sport would be ideal!!!! We could even do a mother daughter team if she was into it....

Until she is old enough to comprehend athletics we will just have her do her workouts... She loves to workout!!!

She practices holding up her head and lifting her hips...


She lifts her weights...


And she does her shake weight...

And let's have a look at that stellar USA uniform she's got on...

A blue leotard with white stars and she's rocking a red sweat band (why does it look so orange?). Definitely sending this idea to the USA Olympic federation for 2016. Rio, here we come!

Of course my blog wouldn't be complete without more pictures!!! We are having a blast with this little girl... except last night when she decided to scream all night long. Not just cry... scream!!! Oh well... crossing my fingers for a better night!



 She's got the hair pulling thing down!!!
 Lion King anyone?

Isn't it totally normal to dress your 5 week old baby up in USA attire and a sweatband (headband pulled over her forehead) and walk around your apartment complex????

Loving our little family!!!! 

3 comments:

  1. Laughed my head off that whole post! So funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. K, I totally cry every time they play the national anthem. And at all the P&G commercials. And usually I'm at work, sooo that's not awkward at all. Also, this was totally hilarious. The gymnast ones are my favorite. Cutest baby olympian ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pictures how cute! You two are the cutest parents ever! Aniston is one lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete