Saturday, August 25, 2012

Daycation to Yellowstone!!!

So rumor has it that Yellowstone is going to be the death of us all... so we figured while we're still alive we might as well go and check it out. I've been there before, but Spencer and Ani hadn't. We had a great day, but we are simply exhausted now. Prepare for picture overload!!!
 So Aniston will be 2 months in a week and a half, but she obviously isn't fitting into 0-3 month old clothes yet judging by the shorts... But aren't high waisted bottoms in style? Haha!
 Baby slept through 3 state lines and the entire drive to the park! My little traveler!

 Don't worry... Spencer was totally driving at this point. I'm a very distracting passenger. Pretty sure this was taken right after my Call Me Maybe dance. Spencer refuses to make a music video with me... but I have an awesome vision for the best Call Me Maybe video ever!
 Checking out the first geyser. Yes, that's a Moby wrap. Ani loves it and it's so stinking comfortable!!! Check out my shadow... Looks like a buffalo!
 I promise he did have a good time.
 That's not something hanging out of Spencer's nose... it's just bad lighting.



 Sleeping all the live long day!
 Homeboy Buffalo was just walking along the side of the road. Totally made Spencer's day. All he wanted was to see a Buffalo, and we got to see 3 of them!
 Made me a little nervous that he was so close... Have you seen that State Farm commercial? Those suckers are dangerous!

 This little fella flew into through my open window while I was snapping pictures of the Buffalo. Literally went through my hair and attacked Spencer... There may or may not have been high pitched screaming coming from more than one person in the car.
 Thank goodness for random strangers who offer to take pictures for us. Also thank goodness for stretchy pants!!!! Someday I will wear jeans again. Probably not in the near future but someday.
 Waiting for Old Faithful...

 Somebody just had to eat.... Look at those chubby little hands!
 Burping the Babes.



 The shorts... Haha!!! She's gonna hate these pictures when she gets older!
 This was inside the Inn at Old Faithful... Pretty incredible.
 These are our "Holy crap we are standing on one giant volcano" faces...
 That's Ani's version, with a little help from Dad.
 Someone was getting tired of having her picture taken over and over and over.
 Poor baby acne...
 Spencer and Old Faithful.
 Please notice my daughter's sweet rat tail!
 Those shorts are awful... I should have changed her outfit dang it... But here's proof that Aniston was at Old Faithful in 2012!

 Please tell me someone else watched the episode of Design Star this last season when they designed the Yurts??? I actually saw real Yurts at Yellowstone. Awesome blossom.
 Spencer definitely didn't realize I had licked him until about 10 seconds later.... I'm a child, and yes, he was driving.
This is my classic high school self portrait. 

We had a great time today! It was really cool to be able to hang out and actually do something fun as a family. I have a blast going to new places with Spencer since he has never been able to travel much. He gets so excited and it makes the experience a thousand times better! While waiting for Old Faithful we probably heard about 10 different languages being spoken. It's really cool to live so close to a place that people come from all over to see. Next time we go we want to hit up the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone. We just got too tired and hot today to even attempt. What a great daycation!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment