Friday, August 24, 2012

Room 140


This is the room number to my new office at South Fork Elementary...

That's right folks. I am now a working Mom. Let the bashing begin...

Being a Mom by itself is a tough job! Probably one of the hardest jobs ever! Kids are super time consuming and my little HMB (high maintenance baby) is no exception. Now that Aniston is 7 weeks old, she is starting to really have a very specific personality.
This is Ani's "please don't leave me Mommy" face. Tempting... very tempting.

Aniston will only stop screaming if she is a) held by Mom, not Dad or b) in her swing with the music, lights, and the mobile turning. It's basically a mini dance club when the lights are out and that chair is in full swing! This makes it impossible to watch TV and hear what's going on or make a phone call or really anything that could possibly entertain oneself. In fact, I'm writing this blog to the soundtrack of the lovely music that entertains my little chubby bunny so much. Aniston is becoming more and more sassy and always wants what she wants when she wants it... Must get that from Mom, so I can't complain much I guess. But really the past 6 weeks have been amazing! Exhausting, but amazing! We've been able to get her on a pretty rocking schedule for the past 2 nights where she's been sleeping 5 hours, wakes up to eat, and then sleeps for 3 more hours, then she's up and wants to play. I've actually never felt so rested! Which is a good thing because Mom's got a new full time job.

I've never wanted to be anything other than a full time Mom (and a teacher and a coach and a food critic and a professional napper and a singer). I thought that would be awesome to be able to stay at home with your kids all the time. Spencer agreed with me on this and never wanted me to work once Aniston was born. Well, sometimes when you're putting your husband through school, you don't always get what you want. I was offered a full time job as an Afterschool coordinator at South Fork Elementary here in Rexburg.

It's kind of the perfect job for me. I work 40 hours a week, but 20 are done at home and 20 are done at the school. It's salary paying and works out perfectly with Spencer's school and with coaching. It's a little scary because I get to hire and fire people, but I really couldn't have asked for a better job. I'm definitely a little sad that I will have to leave Aniston for 4 hours a day (not counting coaching... but I bring her with me all the time.

The girls LOVE it and I think it's a good bonding activity), and part of me is worried that she'll forget me, but I know that's just crazy. I'm hoping she will actually sleep the entire 4 hours! Spencer has already adjusted quite well. I came home earlier this week to a completely clean house and a happy baby. I know I shouldn't expect this all the time, but it made me feel better about the situation. We feel super blessed to be able to find such a great job in Rexburg, the land of no jobs. I'm sure things will get a little more crazy when the program actually starts and I'm just not prepping for it, but I think we'll be able to handle it.

At Church a few weeks ago we had a lesson in Sunday School and somehow it turned into a lesson about how if you're a working Mom, then pretty much you will go to hell. I absolutely don't believe that, and it really made me quite angry, which I'm sure is not an appropriate emotion when you are at Church. Well we all can't be born with super rich parents who just pay for everything even after we're married. Spencer and I are trying to make it on our own and we have some every expensive tastes... okay not really, but we enjoy eating out and going to movies and buying Ani awesome baby stuff so that needs to be paid for. We don't have a single credit card or any credit card debt and to us it is important that we be financially stable. We made the decision to have me work since I have a degree and can bring in much much more money together, and I am so okay with it. I get to teach and work with kids and do something I enjoy and I also get to coach and to top it off I get to be a Mom too! Spencer has been able to use his education in massage therapy more up here in Idaho and that too has been a blessing. I am excited for this chapter of our lives and I feel super blessed to be able to find such an amazing job where I can still be at home with my family.
 My super organized office
 My keys... I could totally get into the school at midnight if I wanted to.
 This chair is amazingly comfortable.
That's right... I go to work with no makeup on. Actually I do almost everything with no makeup on. The only makeup I ever wear is mascara and eye liner... I hope Ani takes after me that way because I think it's really important to be natural that way. I'm not so hot on being fake and looking fake. Makeup is one fat lie in my opinion. Total tangent... Sorry.

1 comment:

  1. You are super cool. Way to do what is right for your family. Plus, I think it's awesome that you get to do 20 hours of the work from home. Things totally work out. You rock.

    ReplyDelete