Sunday, September 23, 2012

Why I like Rexburg...

I know there are some of you who are thinking "Are there any reasons to like Rexburg?" And I assure you that there are. Of course I took some pictures for those who need the actual proof of why....


 1. The whole town has school spirit! I love living and coaching in a town where there is only one high school. Everybody supports that school! The parents are so involved in their athletes lives it's amazing! We had our first cheer performance on Friday (check it out on facebook) and I think about half of the girls had their parents there at the assembly to watch them! I love when parents are supportive of their kids! I had the best parents who went to all my games and I know it meant so much to me to have them there! The town just feels united because it's so small... and there's really nothing else to do on a Friday night except hit up the high school football game.


2. Aniston is here!!! Sorry I couldn't help but to post a picture with her obnoxiously huge flower!!!


 3. This dude sets his drum set up in the middle of nowhere... Notice that it's just fields around him, and just sits there and plays. Yes, I know I need to clean my windshield, but I just don't have time. I'm assuming he is just being nice to his roommates, but it sure was confusing to me the first time I saw it at 6am!!!!


4. Apparently the 3rd graders here think they have goatees. I took this picture at work. Cracks me up! I seriously laugh in the hall every time I pass it. Makes my day!


5. When you forget your stroller at home, no one looks at you weird because you steal the Sears cart to push your baby through the mall. Our bad.

Those are really just silly reasons I know, but I am definitely loving the simpler life here in Rexburg. It got to the point where I was tired of a lot of people in Utah. People in Utah are super fake. After we moved, I realized that minus my cheerleaders (who I still love and talk to all the time) I had maybe a handful of real friends. The rest of them were just selfish and rude. I don't think many of them know I feel this way, and some of them may be surprised, but I was hurt by a lot of people in Utah the past year, and in Rexburg I don't feel that. It drives me crazy when I get so mad at people from my past randomly during the day, especially because I realize that there is nothing I can do about it and they aren't in my life anymore, besides on facebook because I'm too lazy to delete anyone. I'm just glad to have my own family and the life that we are living now. It was time to rid myself of the people I thought I needed or who I thought were my friends, but really weren't. It's funny, I don't think people realize the hurtful things they do... or maybe I'm just bound to be hurt by all of my friends... Not sure.

For our Sunday walk, we just walked around our Apartments. Ani got some outside tummy time and basically just wanted to suck on her hands. She loves that!



She was not so much willing to look at the camera much today.... Kind of in a sassy mood, since she decided she no longer wants to take naps during the day.



She loves when Spencer holds her with one hand and she can sit up... She loves to do anything that makes her feel like a big girl...


Blowing bubbles...





Mission accomplished... She fell asleep!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment