Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Homecoming 2012

Is it super lame that I LOVE Homecoming and I have been graduated from high school for 8 years?    Oh well then... I am lame. I don't think I have ever seen so much energy at a Homecoming before. Everyone in the entire city of Rexburg goes to the Homecoming game! It was AMAZING! The amount of spirit and support that rocked that stadium was pure awesomeness!! It was also nice to win 21-0. It was really hard for me not to want to cheer for the other team, Rigby, because their colors are maroon, gold and white and they are RHS... the same as my high school who I cheered for. I think that Spencer is very much enjoying that I am coaching at a High School now where their football team actually wins. And I am rather enjoying that part too. We started off the days festivities at the afternoon parade. I cannot believe how many people lined main street in the middle of the afternoon for this parade! The elementary schools and the junior high all bring out the kids for the parade and they are all dressed in Madison colors! I loved it! Spencer and I walked behind the girls on their scooters and threw candy...

 Aniston was so excited to be in her first parade obviously, since she slept through the entire thing.

How cute she is in her Madison colors!!!! She was rocking some pretty sweet shoes though I must say!

Ani's Shoes

Mom's Shoes
That's right... I buy my daughter the same shoes I have so that we can match!!! Also her shoes are about an inch too big....
I think that the highlight of the parade for me, besides the time when I nailed some 3 year old kid in the chest with a handful of candy (my bad), was when we marched past the hospital and this guy was out there, gown and IV and all, just to show his Madison spirit. L-O-V-E-D it!

 The worst thing about the parade, was getting stung in the neck by a freaking bee!!! Really? I have gone 16 years without being stung and it has been awesome! Now my streak is ruined and I looked like a fool at the elementary school I work at! As soon as I got into work I had to ask the nurse for benadryl spray and ice... I felt like I was in elementary school. However, I was the coolest kid at afterschool that day. My bee sting made me very popular. Thank goodness I'm not allergic!

It's so fun to watch the JV and Varsity cheer together! Everyone likes everyone and there's no drama and they are just all so happy! I love the unity that they have. Every practice is together, every performance is done together, there is no division of JV and Varsity, except at normal games. But it makes life so easy and it makes coaching so nice! Gorgeous girls!!!

The girl performed at halftime... They didn't really stunt or tumble because they think it's bad luck. It's a long story! But they did great!

Aniston is helping me write this (Because if I put her down she screams) and wants to make sure that I show you her school spirit as well... We bought her (in the little boys section) a little winter coat body thingy that is white and gray stripes, and then she rocks a red flower in her hair... She is basically the coolest baby around! Seriously, the Mom's fight over her at the games and the girls do it at practice or whenever else we see them. Ani loves them all!


I am also so blessed to have a super awesome and supportive husband who comes to all my games... even when they're away! That's right... be jealous!!! Sometimes he even brings me food!!!
 I already can't wait until next year!!! Even Aniston is so excited!!!!

 Going to Homecoming and spending so much time with the cheerleaders definitely made me reflect on my Homecoming (I only went Junior year) and cheering during football season. Here's some oldies but goodies for you (Hooray for scanners)!!!! Enjoy!!!

 How awesome is my "cowboy" date? He got me a pin on corsage... OUCH! Check out the bruise on the right arm from basket tosses!!! I am so cool!
 Homecoming noise parade 2002! And yes my hair is curly.... Perms were totally in!

 JV Cheer Sophomore year.... Check out the awesome socks!
Junior year Varsity Cheer
 Senior year (darn sun) with Nichole!!
 I rocked that megaphone.... How hot are the pants under the skirts??? GAG!!!
 I kind of look like a man in a cheer uniform... HAHA
 I love cheering at football games!
 I don't know why I ever liked this hairstyle.... but I did it all the time!!!
 Not sure why I felt the need to hold onto Leslie's shoe, but I did what needed to be done I guess.
Go Panthers!!!!

Aren't you glad you read this blog.... at least for these last pictures??? I can't believe how much cheerleading has changed in 8 years! Almost no one wears pleated skirts anymore... So hot!

1 comment:

  1. Oh man I loved this post! I miss high school football games! It is so crazy to see the pics of you with short hair! I totally forgot about those days, it seems like your hair has been long forever. So fun, I seriously loved all the pics.

    ReplyDelete