Thursday, September 15, 2011

MARRIED AND LOVING IT!!!

So we finally got internet!!! Hooray! I can blog again! I think I have drove everyone crazy with not being able to blog much. But now I'm back.... can you dig it? So biggest change in the life of Jenn is that I'm married! Can you believe it? After 25 1/2 long years it finally happened! Since I have been married for almost a week, I am just blown away by how awesome married life is. People always told me it was good, but really I had no idea. I have continually asked myself why I never got married before... then I remember that I've only known Spencer for a very short amount of time. Haha! He is the BEST husband! Everyone says that huh? He still brings me flowers and takes care of me like he did before... and I think it's gonna last. This ain't no honeymoon stage for the two of us. We have so much fun together! I love love love being married! I'm sure this will be repeated many many times in the future. Here are some of the pictures from the wedding day. If you wanna see more than please look at Kim's photography blog here. I guess maybe I should give the short story of the wedding day. I slept GREAT the night before! Spencer on the other hand did not... Poor guy. Our sealing was at 8:20am, which meant we had to be at the Salt Lake Temple at 7:05 and that meant that I had to go get my hair done at 5am. I was definitely up at 3am to wash, dry, and straighten my hair. Allie did a fabulous job with the hair, especially since it was so early in the morning! She is amazing in so many different ways! I could go on and on about how amazing she is!!! Seriously! Everyone should want to be her or at least want to be her friend! Spencer and I sat in the celestial room for quite a while. We saw other couples coming and going and yes, in such a calm and beautiful place, we began to get a little annoyed. Turns out our sealer was late. AWESOME. Anyway I don't remember at all what was said, all I know is that I married my best friend and I am so excited about it! Spencer cried... I did not. Both of us were so grateful for the people who came and shared our special day with us, but we also spent a good amount of time talking about the people who did not. Especially those who said they would come and wanted to come and didn't. We are trying to get over our disappointment, but that really says a lot about some people. Anyway, after pictures at the temple we stopped at Taco Bell and went through the drive through in the wedding dress and tux. Best taco bell ever!!! I loved it! Then we went up to the capitol for more pictures... I cannot even tell you how many tourists (Asian ones especially) took pictures of us while we were there... ummmmm creepy! Don't worry... we definitely creeped into the "gold room" which is totally off limits, for pictures. And yes, I was freaking out the entire time! The reception was amazing and I will post about that too shortly. Good day! Let me just close this post by saying that Spencer is that most supportive, good looking, sensitive, smart, and caring man ever! I honestly am so lucky and couldn't have done better. Eternity just got so much brighter because I get to spend it with him!
















2 comments:

  1. AMAZING! So excited for you two and the photos are fabulous! Congrats Jen and Spencer! I love you girl, you're awesome and I miss you tons, sure wish I could have been there, but trust me next visit anywhere near you I'll be knocking on your door to meet this fabulous guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful! I love your dress.

    ReplyDelete