Monday, July 30, 2012

Happy Birthday Daddy!

Yesterday was Spencer's birthday. He has finally caught up to me in age and turned the big 2-6. For the record.... I am 2 days shy of being exactly 6 months older than him; therefore, I am the wiser one. (So not even close to being true). Lucky for us my Mom is still in town and was able to babysit for us so we could go out on our first official date since the birth and it was awesome! Although I did fight the urge to call every 20 minutes to see if Aniston was okay. Spencer wanted to go to the movies and chose to see the new Batman.

 I loved  loved loved it! I definitely cried hard and solid the last 5 minutes of the movie and the entire drive home. Like seriously crying ginormous tears... I didn't even really cry when my child was born (does this make me a bad parent?). Of course after the 9 months of purgatory I went through to get her here, I was just more relieved than anything, so tears weren't necessary. I did spend the first 30 minutes of the movie paranoid that the exit door would open up (please tell me I'm not the only one who does this kind of thing and worries constantly after something like that happens) but nothing happened of course and I was able to enjoy the movie. Yes, about 15 minutes in I had to say a prayer to calm myself... and luckily it worked. I just get so freaked out about stuff like that. I still get super nervous when I am in any library and it's been 13 years! Big problem there is that I love to read. My mind is just bizarre. So Batman was wonderful. The next night (we celebrate birthday week, not just the day in our family) we went to dinner and to Cold Stone (thank you Mom for the gift card).


Normally we would never eat at Cold Stone. Not because we don't like it (who doesn't like Cold Stone? Because we do, but because it's just so darn expensive! Ummm, hello! College students on a budget! How they even manage to survive in Rexburg is beyond me. But it was amazing and even Aniston got in on the action with her tiny mini spoon.

I thought it was really funny, but apparently I'm the only one. I also (during church... my bad) fat boothed my daughter...


Does anyone else notice a similarity between my daughter and a certain Star Wars character??? (Hint... he's pretty chubby) I was laughing so hard (children do not make you more mature)! Maybe I will mature with my daughter... chances that she matures before me are quite high actually. On Spencer's actual birthday (Sunday birthday's are the worst!!!) we gave him his presents (2 new shirts, one from me and one from Ani) and just hung out.


I love this picture of Spencer and Aniston together... he really is such a good Dad!


She is a very lucky little girl! He even alternates night feedings with me so that I don't have to get up every time! AMAZING! Also Aniston prefers Spencer's pinky finger to almost anything else (besides real food... my daughter eats like she's never eaten before every time!!!).


The pinky even calms her down when she's screaming bloody murder! And because I was such an awful child... she screams loud, long, and hard at times. It's my pay back... and it was expected. The pinky is basically the best thing ever! And just so you can see the results of her eating... check out that belly!!!


Chubby bunny!!!!

 Happy Birthday Spencer! We are so blessed to have you in our lives and we can't wait to spend eternity with you! WE LOVE YOU!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment