Saturday, October 20, 2012

Another blog about coaching.....

It was only a few weeks ago when I finally  made the change from this
Don't judge my dirty windows....

To this

It felt good to put that MHS sticker on my car. I am loving coaching here! It's very different than Utah, but it's more the way that I had always imagined coaching to be. More the way it should be. I (for the most part) had a blast coaching in Utah. I loved going to Nationals and taking 5th. I loved making connections and lifelong friends with the girls, and I miss some of those girls dearly, in fact I still talk to a lot of them and when I'm down in Utah I make sure to see them! But the program wasn't heading in a way I was proud to be a part of and that constant ringing of my phone because of squad drama, wasn't so enjoyable. Maybe it's a small town thing or maybe parents just parent differently in Rexburg, Idaho, but these girls keep their drama at home, they work so well together JV and Varsity, and I feel like they understand exactly what a privilege it is to be a cheerleader. What I wouldn't give to bring some of my old cheerleaders up here to cheer, you know have the best of both worlds.


It's hard to get through to teenage girls sometimes. They're at a stage where they think they know better than you and they have a striking desire to always be right... I know this because I've been there. But I don't really experience that while coaching at Madison. Basically these girls are AMAZING in every way you can be amazing! To give you an idea of their awesomeness, I took these pictures at our JV game this past week. Keep in mind that this is only JV. Pretty sure they are way more talented then my Varsity team from when I was in high school. They are super talented and they only have a desire to improve! I cannot wait to start getting ready for competition! Pretty sure they are gonna kill at State this year!

 Yes, I caught her as she was falling, but you get a pretty good idea of her flexibility.
 So flexible!
 Gorgeous!!!! Love the height and position of the back leg!
 Anyone else thinking "ouch" right about now?  We have 12 girls on JV, and each stunt group has 4 people, so we have 3 stunt groups. Here are our 3 scales.
Scale 1... Almost a straight back leg, but looks pretty darn good!
 Scale 2... I caught her falling again, but once again awesome flexibility!
Scale 3... GORGEOUS!!!

Our 3 extended arabesques.

I have always thought that every team I have coached has so much promise and ability, but these girls might be my most talented team to date. At least they are the most advanced I have ever coached. Last year was tough because of the restrictions we had at nationals we couldn't really spend time pushing ourselves, but those girls exceeded my expectations when they took 5th! If only this team could go to nationals!!!!


 Spencer needed to get in on that action!
Poor girls! It was so stinking cold!!!!!

And of course we cannot forget about Aniston! Or as she has been dubbed, the Spirit baby!

 I'm really loving her sassy looks these days!
 So happy at the start of the game!
 Not so happy by the end of the game. Luckily she was held by Mom's and Varsity cheerleaders all night and she was covered in blankets so she stayed really warm!
Family photo!!!!!

Also can we talk about how I love to carry a diaper bag???? I can stash all kinds of yummy snacks in there and it's totally acceptable!

So I know you are all looking at our awesome warm up jackets and you are loving them. I have seen hundreds of warm up jackets and these by far are my absolute favorite!!!!! Let's break em down...

 The fabric is stretchy and smooth, and is super warm!!!
 Lovely arm decor.
 One of my very favorite parts! The thumb holes! I always thought these were super cool when I was younger, and so it's like I'm living out my dream! It's awesome!
I also love how the inside of the jacket is lined with paw print fabric. Super cute!

Basically to summarize ... I am coaching an amazingly talented JV cheer team! Now use your imagination to think that is this is only our JV.... what must our Varsity look like????

Also.... Merry Early Christmas from our chubby bunny to yours!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment