Wednesday, October 3, 2012

High School Memories...

I seem to be taking walks down memory lane quite a bit lately. Who doesn't love seeing awesome, potentionally (why is it telling me this isn't a word... am I crazy?) embarrassing pictures of themselves from high school??? Well friends, you can thank me later. I am having way too much fun with my scanner lately and this blog will be no exception. I LOVED high school! I had amazing friends, awesome opportunities and some of the best experiences of my life! I want to thank my friends for being so awesome and supportive all the time! I still talk to so many of them even though it's been years since I've seen them and that kind of friendship means the world to me. I'm pretty sure I took some of my friends for granted back then and that makes me extremely sad. This blog is for those friends who even through ups and downs are still there for me, and for some that I just had such a darn good time with back in the day! I probably don't say it enough, but I am so thankful for you! Even though we may not talk every day or even monthly, I still think about you guys all the time! Thank you for being my friends! And yes... I'm crying... Even though Aniston's 3 months old now I can still blame hormones right??? Also I may not have pictures of everyone... but you know who you are!!!
Looking at these pictures it's just so crazy to think of how much has changed in 8 years!! So many of us are graduated from college, married, have children... but it still seems like yesterday that we graduated.

I'm glad that the top photo was taken in the choir room. Probably the room I spent the most time in when I was in high school... so many memories. Also I'm not quite sure why both Nichole and I have our hands in fists instead of actually touching Ben... that seems weird.
Looking super sexy in our choir robes....
So I'm not sure why my pant leg is pulled up in this picture... Why did I think that was cool? Maybe I just thought I had awesome calves (sadly I did not), but everything about this picture seems weird.
This was our freshman year, when none of us were old enough to go to Homecoming... So we went around to random stores and tried on dresses instead. I remember those boots got so sweaty that we literally had to pry them off my feet... Pretty sure they should have made me buy them.
Ryan and I at graduation rehearsal. See... I have always been super cool!
This was after a paper mache fight. Note to self... paper mache is not meant to throw at each other. Scrubbing that stuff off hurt like a boss!!!! But the memories are quite awesome.
Waiting for our basketball game to start senior year. We were pretty much the coolest ones...
South Seas junior year. I'm a little jealous that Molly has flowers... where did those come from?
Darcee, Whitney and I are basically awesome!!! This is what the super cool freshman do in their spare time!
Just a tad more awesome than the picture before....
BINGO!!! The most awesome picture of all!!! Is it so 2000 that I am super excited that Spencer bought the exact same shoes that I am wearing in this picture last week??? I love them!
You know that you have reached all time awesomeness (how many times can I use the word awesome in one post) when you get your friends together to take pictures at Walmart!!!! Not quite sure why mine and Darcee's faces are cut off...
My 14th birthday party... Enough said.
Me and Dallin!!! Pretty sure we were ditching a stake dance at this point! He is awesome!
Nichole and I at graduation. Not sure who took this picture but it's one of my very favorite pictures ever! It sums up how awesome high school was in one shot!
We look like we are having a REAL good time... Daniel and I at senior prom!
I feel bad for all the kids who are going to the new high school in Redmond... They are missing out on the sweet "gold" lockers and yellow doors!
50's sock hop...
Gilbert and I at the Oregon coast!!! Every year my family went on a family vacation to the coast and every year Gilbert came with us.... Yes, Gilbert is groping the large lumberjack....
Ice skating in Bend
Cheerleaders! LOVE this picture!
David's first time to the temple in Portland... Man I had super short hair!
Rocking the short hair some more!
Gilbert and I at girl's camp! We definitely destroyed our shirts! I still have mine actually!
Christmas caroling for choir. Whitney and I are looking simply adorable in our matching hats.
More girls camp... Remember when visors were cool?
We brought our cool guitars to girls camp... Gilbert looks talented while I look a little handicap
Gilbert and I at the coast
More groping.... why are there so many large cut outs of dudes at the Oregon coast?
Lunch during Christmas caroling with Meghan and Nichole...
Whitney and I (still looking hot in those hats) caroling for mutual.
Me and Nichole sumo wrestling at our graduation party! Awesome Blossom!
In the choir room with Darcee and Aiyana.
Senior BBQ... They were smart to make or shirts black and not white...
Me and Hannah
Nichole, Glenn and I... Please take notice of my awesome puca shell necklace.
Even though the girl's basketball team and cheerleaders always seem to have beef (still happens in high schools today) Darcee was always awesome to me! She rocks!

I loved high school! I love my life more now, but it was a great time for me. Even though we are all grown up and have our own families and completely different lives, these memories will always be there! This is how I remember people and it's crazy to look at these pictures and then to look down and see that I have my own child now. I really hope that someday she can have as good of friends as I did and that her memories of high school are as awesome as mine were!

5 comments:

  1. Hahahahahah! Oh my gosh! I seriously love everything about this post! So FREAKING AWESOME! I totally forgot about so many of those times until I saw the pics...seriously awesome post. I love it! And our matching hats were HOTTTTTTTT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bahahahahaha ok I forgot to mention our gangsta pics....I'm seriously laughing out loud.....soooooo hilarious!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow... wow... wow... I don't think I have enough words to express the awesomeness of this post. First off, we were hott!!! When I saw your picture from the 14th birthday party I just thought of Michelle hitting that rock and night and going waaa waaa, like a baby was crying, and we all died laughing. Not sure why we thought it was so funny, but we did! Glad to know I looked like a 12 year old boy until I was a senior in high school. Thanks for being my friend anyways!!!! I loved those gangsta pics with the sweet matching shoes! Those were in!!! Those were sooo funny!!!! And I forgot we got into a paper mache (spelling?) fight! That reminded me of the missionary relay we did when you and I kicked buttttt!!!! And all these picture made me think of that civil war video we made out at your place for Mr. Schulte's class. Ha ha. So funny. I am pretty sure we got an A. Love that b-ball picture of you and I! I have it too! You were my number one fan and I loved you for it!!! Still have all your good luck books! And holy blonde hair on me! Wow, that was awesome. I probably shouldn't go back to that ever again. I loved high school too and am grateful to have had great friends like you!!! What amazing years. Hope our children are just as blessed! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and I totally remember ripping those boots off you and laughing so hard!!! Got to love Ross!!! I completely remember that night! So funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And last thing... why on earth did we pay to go to wal-mart and have our pictures taken. Man that picture kills me! We rocked!

    ReplyDelete