Monday, October 8, 2012

Pumpkins are like Christmas Trees...

Over this past weekend, we decided to head down to good old Utah for a quick visit. I was off all last week from work and today, thanks to Spud Harvest. I know right? An entire week off school for potatoes? One of the many benefits of working for the school district! I wish I could say that Aniston was like this....
 For the entire trip.... But she was more like this...
 And a little of that...

She just didn't like to be in Utah so much this time. She wouldn't sleep and she just wasn't happy, except of course for that one picture above, which if I do say so myself, is absolutely adorable! One of my main "to do" list items while we were down there was to take Ani to her first pumpkin patch... like she would even care right? But it was just important for Mom.
 Can you tell she's about to get grumpy???? After I took the super cute picture of her smiling, she started screaming for about 15 minutes. It was awful! Nothing that a little food wouldn't take care of for my chubby bunny.
 Spencer and Jason with their girls! So stinking adorable!
 Family tractor picture... Everyone's got one of those right?
 Check out that screaming baby!!! That is when the headache starts.
 I love that she always sits like a lady and crosses her little feet... even when she's super sassy!
 She loves to have a hand (preferably Daddy's) on her face. It calms her down instantly and she just likes to hold on to it with every ounce of strength she has! Super adorable!
 Spencer found a super classy way to stash a burp cloth...

 They had an apple slingshot which was fun... Bailey loved the apple part for sure!



 Spencer's goal was to get he apple onto the freeway... He succeeded. Good man.

 Her one true happiness in life... FOOD! She is eating 5oz about every 3 hours! So many wet diapers!
Nice little family photo... and Bailey.
 We were able to stay with Spencer's brother Scott and his family and it was awesome! They are so amazing and we feel so lucky that they were able to move so close! Please excuse the fact that my thighs are 3 times the size of Rosiane's....

 So here's our hay bale picture this year... (Not opposed to taking another one sometime)
 Remember last year???
The only thing that is the same are the boots.... It's crazy how much life has changed in a year!!!! Aniston really loves Uncle Jason!!! Not my brother Jason obviously....
We thought it would be cute to put Ani in the wheelbarrow with our pumpkins... and we were right! Super cute!
 We also got a 25lb bag of onions for $6!!! We seriously use onions with everything so we were super excited!
 Ani and her tiny pumpkin!!!
 Ani is still getting use to the flash on the camera....
 We had a lot more down time (thank goodness) during this trip than the last one for Ani's blessing. I really enjoyed being able to spend time with family and friends and capturing awesome special moments with the camera.

Little Ms. A on her 3 month birthday!!! I cannot believe she's already that old!!! (Blog to come about that soon!)
Cheese fries from leatherby's.... This may be the actual reason why I haven't lost all the baby weight (Blog about post-pregnancy coming soon too)
Aniston and Dad just relaxing... Watching TV, which PS is her new favorite thing!
Mommy and Ani just after waking up! She looks like a little Christmas elf! I just want to squeeze her little cheeks!!!
We took Aniston back to the place in the mall where we found out that we were having a girl!!! She was so excited that she stayed asleep the entire time... lame.
Spencer helped Chloe feed Ani...

Aniston picked out yummy snacks!!! So good!!! She's got great taste in treats!

And she got to spend time with the awesome Julie!!! So so glad I was able to spend some time with her! She seriously is one of the most amazing people you will ever meet!!! Love her!

We all know that Taco Bell is my favorite restaurant .. I love it! There are no words strong enough to express my love for T.B. A while back they came out with the Doritos Locos Tacos. I have never tried it. I have always been too afraid. I love Doritos  and although I believe that T.B can do no wrong, I was super nervous about it. Well I got the guts and I tried it...
And I LOVED it!!! Waste of time never trying it before! Spencer also got in on the action...
 He also loved it! We decided to go home through Logan to see the trees. I love fall and I thought maybe we could get some good pictures with the pretty leaves. I was wrong about the pictures. Turns out all the good trees are on the opposite side of the road and there's a huge barrier in the middle dividing north from south... I was super bummed. But Spencer is so awesome that we went out and took pictures this morning for some fall memories (Blog to follow about that... man I have a lot of blogs to write).



The trees were beautiful!!! And while driving through Logan, we both realized that we could totally live there. They have lots and lots of pumpkin patches (they have like none in Rexburg), they have a Hobby Lobby, they have Cafe Rio and a Craigo's (or Pizza Pie Cafe as they are called now), they have a Village Inn (notice most of these deal with food?), they have a Taco Bell of course, they are closer to Salt Lake, and they just have a lot there. But then we came home, checked USU's website to see if they had Spencer's grad program and they do not... dreams are crushed!

We got to enjoy this lovely scenery as we stopped to change Ani's diaper... Middle of nowhere! I feel like this picture symbolizes Idaho in every way!
 Of course I have more pictures of the super cute babes!!!

 It was at this point that she got tired of me taking pictures and pulled the blanket up over her face... What's up with that?
 Overall we had a good time... I'm a little bummed that Ani was so nasty almost the entire time, but that's life with kids I guess. We won't be going down to Utah next month, instead we are going to head to Medford, Oregon to spend Thanksgiving with Kim and her family. Thanks to all our family and friends for making our trip so great!

Also pumpkins are like Christmas trees because everyone likes them different. Even the ugly ones have a home!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment