Friday, November 26, 2010

Happy Birthday Dad!

So today is my Dad's 47th birthday... Old man! I am lucky enough to be able to be in Idaho, stuck indoors because it's way too cold outside, with him on his birthday! And yes, that is a picture of he and I fishing and yes I know that I look like a boy. So my Dad is just an amazing man! I'm sure everyone thinks this about their Dad, but I'm always right (mostly) and seriously he really is amazing. I can remember when I was in elementary school and he would come eat lunch with me and then we'd go out to recess, he would always go and play football with all the guys, thus making me popular with the boys. See Dad you started that... I remember another time in my junior year for Homecoming my date and I and 3 other couples went to my favorite Mexican restaurant for dinner and when we went to pay Juan Carlos told us that my Dad had already taken care of everything. That was pretty awesome. The boys especially enjoyed that. He has always been there for me if I ever needed anything like money, nachos, wood, popcorn or a job. There's truly nothing that he can't do. My favorite thing lately is to get on ratemyprofessor.com and see what his students at BYU Idaho think of him... Pretty sure they would back me up because there is nothing bad written about him at all. He does have a hottness factor of zero though, but that's good because since he teaches in Construction Management and a majority of his students are male, I would be really really worried if they thought he was hott. I am thankful that he answers his phone even though I call like 14 times a day. Most of the time to talk about nothing or just to vent, but he still answers even sometimes when he's in the middle of class. I am thankful that he enjoys Mexican food enough to always have a fiesta when I come home to visit. I am thankful that he likes popcorn enough that when we go to the movies we have to get popcorn. I am thankful that he enjoys youtube as much as I do. I am thankful that is is able to fake interest in the things that I'm interested in so that he can be involved. I am thankful that he attended most of my high school cheerleading events even though he was ridiculously busy, but he came and supported me. I am thankful that he still supoorts me in the things that I do, even though I am an expert mistake maker. I am thankful that he is my Dad. I know that he is always there for me no matter what I need. He has also set a GREAT example for me and because of him I get free school! Maybe this is why I'm not married... I have had such a wonderful Dad that no dude can measure up to him. This could be problematic for me huh... Anyway HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD! Thanks for being the amazing father that you are. I LOVE YOU!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment