Friday, November 19, 2010

My Gilbert... Happy Birthday

So today is my Gilbert’s birthday. I need to write about how amazing my Gilbert is. Gilbert and I met when I was 13. I know this because she’s in pictures from my 14th birthday. Her real name is Nichole, but soon after she moved to Oregon we went to girls camp where we both realized we had a common interest in the movie What’s Eating Gilbert Grape. (Great movie by the way). 4 thumbs up! So because I could do a stellar Arnie impersonation (Arnie is Gilbert’s younger handicap brother) I was called Arnie and she was called Gilbert. This girl is one of my favorite people in the world! She is funny, crafty, super cute, someone who I can talk to about anything, just hands down one of the best people ever! I miss her so much because she makes life so much better for me. Gilbert is not dead… she just lives in Chicago. I think everyone needs a Gilbert in their life. Even though she’s been married for 3 years, she makes time for her friends, and bonus… she doesn’t make it awkward. She is so AWESOME! I have so many wonderful memories with her. Family vacations (she would go to the coast with my family once a year back in the day), making movies… Britney Spears music videos on the beach, Blair Witch remake, countless dance parties, almost getting arrested for TPing, touring Chicago, summers at the cove, beer grass, 5 movies 5 dollars 5 days, pole dancing at girls camp…I could really go on and on. This girl is amazing! So you should all be jealous that she is my friend! Thanks Gilbert for everything that you have done for me. I am so thankful that you were born! I decided to be nice and not post all of our older pictures...

No comments:

Post a Comment