Friday, November 19, 2010

Trans Siberian Orchestra and Harry Potter Review


So yesterday was pretty crazy. I went to cheer practice bright and early, went to work all day, left early to go pick up my friend Stewart so we could head out for a night on the town. We headed down to the Gateway to get food before the TSO show which started at 8. We realized once we got down there that we really didn't have any time to eat so we hit up Costa Vida cause it's quick and easy. I normally don't enjoy going to Mexican restaurants with Stewart because he was born and raised in Mexico and he's pretty picky, but it was an enjoyable dinner. We were interrupted at one point by a teenager running in yelling about how someone outside had an owl for the Harry Potter premiere outside. He was most excited about that. Then we headed over to the Arena for TSO. My biggest accomplishment was actually getting in without them taking away my 3 pound bag of sour patch kids, especially when there was a big sign saying how no outside food was allowed in. When the guy was checking my bag and saw it, he looked up at me, but I dazzled him with my smile and he let me in. Good man. Anyway it was amazing! The video doesn't even do justice! It was so insane! Really really hot temperature wise, but awesome! Maybe it was the 70 year old man who was sitting 2 rows in front of us, completely sober who kept standing up and screaming like a 18 year old at a rock concert that made more fun and entertaining. There was lots of head banging, long haired men, and Christmas music played in a way I'd never heard before. I'm pretty sure that at least one person has had a seizure while watching the show because of all the flashing and lights. Definitely will go again next year. So the show got over at 11 and we had to be in West Jordan for our date with Harry by midnight. Thankfully we didn't have to pay for parking so we got out fast. (Allie you're amazing! )We made it in record time even though I had to wear my glasses to drive in the dark. I'm definitely getting old. I was kind of tempted to draw a scar on my forehead with the sharpie in my purse to fit in with the masses of costumed people at the showing, but eventually decided to not be that nerdy. I have never seen so many people at a midnight showing and so many people dressed up for one. Unfortunately the movie didn't meet my high expectations. I love the way they ended it, thought it was brilliant, but the movie was a little slow and basically just a set up for the next movie. It was interesting that Dobby got more screams than Harry when he first appeared on screen. I think that Hermione actually got to show her acting skills in this film and did a pretty good job while being tortured. I never thought she was a very talented actress, so it was nice to she her acting more aggressively for the film and giving it a little more. I think Luna is fabulous, Hedwig's death was quick but saddening, the stupid snake made me jump out of my seat twice, even though I knew what was going to happen. It's like a 20 foot snake! I can't handle a 2 inch snake... if one of those even exist. And the "nude" scene. Please. Computer animated, completely unnecessary, but made for more of a laugh then anything. I would definitely recommend not reading the book before you see this movie. Oh well... I'm still excited for July to see part 2. I have to admit, I feel asleep for a few minutes during the movie... my bad. Overall it was a great night with a good friend and I wish I could do that every night. Okay probably not but still... it was a good night.

1 comment:

  1. If you were not satisfied with the naked scene I'm sure Mike and I can help you out there...it may also educate you for your essay you are about to write. Just let me know. You know where we live.

    ReplyDelete