Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Interesting Conversations

Today was full of interesting conversations for me... Doing what I do and interacting with people all day I really get the opportunity to talk to a lot of different people. This was just one of my conversations today.

Conversation With Patient X

Patient X: "Doesn't your boyfriend ever go outside and do crazy things in the wilderness?"

Me: "I don't have a boyfriend."

Patient X: "What?!?! Why not?"

Me: "I don't really know."

Patient X: "Do you like boys?"

Me: "Yes, I like boys. I'm not a lesbian."

Patient X: "Too bad. You would be one hot lesbian."

Me: "Thanks."

Keep in mind that this is the same patient who has in the past asked to take pictures of my hair with his cell phone, and left the office and then came back a few seconds later to ask what kind of lotion I was wearing... Very interesting fella.

So then I thought I would be productive at lunch today and do some homework. Well one of my required classes is a marriage class, and it's been a little iffy so far. The teacher seems to assume that everyone is married (which I'm not) and that no one works and goes to school at the same time (I have two jobs). Anyway this was the assignment that greeted me today:


Think about your sexual relationship and how you have willingly improved or enhanced its quality as a marital steward, or whether you have avoided and ignored this aspect of your marital stewardship. Have you been kind? Have you sought greater light and knowledge? Have you excerised patience and encouragement? It may be helpful to write out your thoughts about your shared sexual stewardship in marriage.


Heck no. First of all, I'm not married. Second of all, really? Even I was married no way would I share my sexual experiences with a teacher. A teacher of a church school... Third if she really wants the assignment I can make up a pretty entertaining story about exercising patience during intimacy. When I read the assignment to the doctors and my coworker we came up with some pretty funny stuff... So basically I sent my teacher an e-mail explaining how I'm not married and I didn't feel comfortable really writing about anything that's going to make me feel guilty enough to have to go talk to my bishop, and I asked for an alternative assignment. She sweetly wrote back 5 hours later and told me to suck it up and do the assignment. It's only 5 points so I'll pass I already have a A... So ridiculous!


By the way I have ran 17.85 miles so far this week and I get to see TSO and Harry Potter tomorrow! And I get to see these guys in 6 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment