Thursday, November 11, 2010

My Brother My Hero

Hard to believe that the little boy in the dress in the picture is now one of my heroes huh? Haha. Our family always knew that Jason was destined for a career in the military. We didn’t think that we would run away to join the army (literally he ran away to Montana to join the army) so maybe we should have figured at that point that he would be interested in special/secret ops. With today being Veteran’s Day, I figured it would be a great day to express my appreciation and amazement and love for my little brother. I guess I have always thought it as being a little weird to look up to someone who is younger than you. But that is how it is for me. The strength, courage, and ability that Jason has demonstrated throughout every adversity in his life (and there have been a ton) is inspiring! I am so well-pleased (we don’t use the word proud in my family) with my little brother. He is completely 100% unselfish. I think that sometimes people join the army for free school or for some other selfish reasons and there’s nothing wrong with that, but I think that eventually they learn unselfishness and it becomes a natural quality. Jason joined the army because of his desire to make the world a better place and because he knew it was what he wanted to do. I will straight up say that most people in this country I could do without. I would never desire to put my life on the line for strangers day after day and possibly die for them. I am so grateful for all the men and women of our country who do do that everyday. I am especially grateful for my little brother. Anyone who knows Jason loves him. You can’t help it. He has so many qualities that I wish I had. He is brave, strong, smart, motivated, loving, funny, and one of my favorite people in the world. That’s a big deal… It’s pretty tough to get in my top 10. I am so glad that my younger brothers have someone as cool and patriotic as Jason to look up to. Jason you are my hero. Thank you for everything you’ve done for me and for everyone else in this country. You make it pretty easy to be proud (sorry Dad) to be an American! Jason… You ROCK!

No comments:

Post a Comment