Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving Vacation...

Idaho was good. Except that we had to leave a day early because of another storm... But we had a great time at the scary Walmart on 1300 S. watching them catch a kid stealing. It was intense. I was seriously shaking from the excitement. Pretty sure that every time I go there by myself I'm convinced I'm going to get raped. Seriously I make sure I'm talking on the phone the entire time... thank goodness the fam was with me. Thanksgiving was amazing. I, for the first time ever, got the wishbone! And once again the olives, my favorite Thanksgiving food, did not make the rounds around the table and stayed in front of me the entire time. That was heaven! I struggled to talk about what I was thankful for, a little upset about that because I know that I"m so blessed and that I have so much to be thankful for but I after thinking about it all day all I could come up with was coaching, cameras, and cheez-its. Lame! As usual Jake and I enjoyed our sparkling cider... maybe a little too much. Haha. Cortney loved having Hans and Leia inside, since they are indoor rabbits, Kim didn't so much because Hans chewed through her brand new computer cord. Cortney would not leave Ryan alone! It was so funny! He would run all over the house trying to escape her, but she would always find him. She really couldn't do anything without him right next to her. Jake, Ryan, and I had a dead fish drawing contest. Mom wasn't thrilled about that but we erased it. It was awesome. I did end up spending money on black Friday which I hate to do, but there really were some amazing deals, even after noon which is when we finally felt it safe to shop! We spent a couple hours up on campus in the wood shop, one of my favorite smells ever, and messed around there for a while. Okay Mom, Kim, Jake, Ryan and I messed around, Dad actually was productive. Dad made this crazy cool puzzle for Cortney. Kim's going to paint it and stuff so it's not done but it's pretty awesome. When we got home and decided to hook the sleds up to the 4-wheeler. That was actually pretty fun. I had to go slow with Kim and Cortney which was lame but understandable, and they did almost hit a tree which was pretty funny. But then with Jake, I took him out on a couple of empty lots and we got crazy! I actually hit a jump that threw me off the 4-wheeler. The only thing left on it was my leg. Pretty scary considering I wasn't wearing a helmet. Safety first right? But I got to take Jake off some sweet jumps and it was the warmest of the days so it was a blast. Since it was Dad's birthday we had a fiesta for dinner! Love, love, love homemade salsa! Then we all watched Toy Story 3. This was not the first time I have seen it, and I tend to be a little emotional at times. So of course I cried at the end, but thought that I had composed myself enough to talk a little, but that was a bad assumption. I said "This is a good movie, but now you can never watch the other ones without knowing what happens in this one." I'm not sure how much my family understood because I straight up started sobbing while talking. They all started laughing so hard. My brother in law thought I was faking it until we turned on the lights... he doesn't know me so well yet. The emotions over took me! What can I say? yes my family made fun of me for the duration of my stay, and it was pretty funny and a little embarrassing. Saturday morning we spent exchanging Christmas gifts since we won't all be together during Christmas, and then we played Yahtzee for a couple hours. I love my family and I'm so thankful that I was able to spend Thanksgiving with them. I missed Jason and wish that he was here! But I know he is doing amazing things!

No comments:

Post a Comment