Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Welcome to Idaho...

We picked the best day to travel to Idaho from Salt Lake City... Yesterday there were crazy storm warnings and people in Utah were going a little crazy about the whole blizzard" thing. Well the first hour of the drive was fine, then we hit the storm. What is normally a 3 1/2 hour drive, turned out to take a little over 5 hours. There were times when we couldn't even see a car 20 yards ahead of us. It was pretty crazy! I-15 was pretty much solid ice and so out of the 250 miles we probably fishtailed about half of that. Cortney's new favorite word is "abre". She learned it from Dora and knows that it means open. The last 15 minutes of the car ride she kept yelling "abre, abre, abre" over and over hoping that we would open the door. It's kind of entertaining. Rexburg is so cold! I walked from my car into the house about 20 minutes ago, this is only maybe 50 feet, and my fingers are still numb. It's about 7 degrees outside. Why are we here? We need to learn to have Thanksgiving in a warmer climate. Last night when we got in we spent a couple hours all watching different youtube videos. Turns out my niece has great taste in youtube videos and comes running when she hears Mike Tompkins... Then Jake and Ryan and I watched the best of Chris Farely from SNL. Maybe a bad idea since all we hear now is "Da Bears" over and over and over again. Ryan and I had a slumber party, he slept on the bottom bunk and I slept... Then today we decide to risk the cold and all went to BYU - Idaho to use the gym. Everyone else swam, but I ran 6.03 miles in 60 minutes. Feeling pretty good about that. Tonight we are having a pizza/movie party which is always a good time, so I'm excited! A good relaxing day... got some pretty exciting stuff coming up the next couple of days, so be excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment