Saturday, January 22, 2011

Cortney Turns Two... The Party

I was lucky enough to be able to spend the entire day today with Cortney. Kim and Chris had a lot to get done before the party so they asked me to take Cortney for the day, which of course I responded quickly that I would love to. And we had so much fun! We went shopping (spent too much money), we scared some cats (borderline inappropiate), we bought new shoes (check out her new brown boots in the pictures), and we went bowling (because she had never been)! Papa, Nana, Uncle Jake, and Uncle Ryan came down for the party and met up with us to go bowling before the party in West Jordan. It was Cortney's first time bowling and I think her favorite part was telling us whose turn it was. She wasn't super fond of the actual bowling, but she loves being bossy. She is so stinking smart. After the second frame she knew that the order went Ryan, Jake, Aunt Jenny, Nana, and then Papa. If we weren't up and ready to go when it was our turn she would call out of names and tell us it was our turn. It was an interesting experience. Ryan had more fouls than anyone ever during a bowling game ever and it was pretty funny. He was a good sport about it. And yes, Jake is Jean Val Jean. Les Miserables is AMAZING! On our way to the party we had to pick up some plastic spoons and we definitely stood in line to check out for 20 minutes. Talk about ridiculous! To mine and Ryan's amusement we stood behind a chief who was buying TP for his Tee Pee. Or maybe it was TP to TP someone else's Tee Pee. Haha. Kim did an amazing job putting together a party for Cortney. She made this fabulous cake and had everything decorated just like Blue's Clue's! They all played Blue's Clue's in order to find Cortney's present from her parents. There were also more people there then I have had at any of my parties lately... talk about spoiled! Cortney loved all of her presents and of course her super cool cake! Jake and I sucked the helium out of every balloon that had helium in it, which was always entertaining. My Dad then challenged me to burp with helium, and it was quite painful. It also sounded awful! I wouldn't recommend it. After everyone left Kim, Chris, Cortney, and I all went to Red Robin for dinner. Probably the worst Red Robin experience ever, but oh well. It was a good day! Super exhausting but good. I'm so glad that my family was able to come down! Everything is always better when they are around. It was like an escape from everything because they were here! Thanks Kim and Chris for making a gorgeous baby and for inviting me to spend the day with you! Happy Birthday Miss Cortney!

No comments:

Post a Comment