Saturday, January 29, 2011

Happy Birthday Kim!

Tired of all these birthday posts yet? I'm not! I loved expressing my love and appreciation for those in my life. Where do I start with Kim? Kimberly Michelle was born 2 days before I turned one. Despite what pictures may show we really didn't get along until I left for college. I'm sure that was a long 18 years for my parents. Our relationship today is much much better, although sometimes it can get explosive. I really do love my sister. She is my only sister... kind of. (Be prepared to cry your eyes out when I explain that one later). We are complete opposites but we make it work. She is a great Mom to my super cute niece, a very hard worker, and a go getter. She was one of the only girls in the Construction management program, and she kicked some serious trash doing it. There's not much that she thinks is out of her league. I'm so glad that we are able to be friends now and that we can spend so much time together. I don't think that I express my appreciation for her enough because of our past. Things were really rough between us growing up. I was taller (not tall by any means) she was short. I have dark hair, she has light hair. I am athletic, she was more computer driven. I am loud, she's not so much. I did everything wrong, she did everything right. We were different in every way. I think that one of the beginning moments of our friendship started when we performed together during my senior year in high school in our choir concert to an Annie song. She was the only junior who performed with us and I think, I don't know for sure, but I think that that is when we started to become friends. I am so glad that we are friends now and not just sisters. I'm glad that I can call her whenever I need and that she pretends to be interested. I'm glad that she tries to help me find a man (hasn't quite worked out yet). I'm so glad that she lives in Utah now and that I can see her about once a week. Happy Birthday Kim! You so deserve to have an amazing day! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment