Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Tender Mercies

So I'm having problems downloading the video of my cheerleaders awesome performance last week... so just keep an eye out for that. So I've got another "spiritual" post again. Still battling the internal struggle of who I am, and all of that good stuff and so who do I text about it last night? My Dad of course. I knew he would already be asleep, but lately he's one of the only people that I can truly depend on to be there for me and to be honest. I was up pretty late debating on whether or not to go home this weekend to have some time with him. I just really really needed my Dad. Well this morning at 5am he texted me, I was definitely asleep and didn't respond until 8, but his text was amazing for me. He has a construction competition this week in Orlando, FL and he was flying out this morning. Well for whatever reason their flight got delayed 4 hours in Salt Lake. All the other flights to Orlando were on time and the weather was great here, and there was really no reason for his flight to be delayed that long. Except for the fact that I prayed last night that I could see my Dad.... My bad. I was so grateful for the opportunity to get to spend my morning with him and to be able to talk to him and eat with him. Who am I to not thank my Heavenly Father for such an amazing gift? I feel blessed today. I love you Dad! Thanks for hanging out with me this morning. Have a wonderful week in Florida!

No comments:

Post a Comment