Wednesday, January 5, 2011

School Is In Session...

School started today (heavy groan). After reading through all my syllabi it occurred to me just about how little time I have to myself these days. Each of my classes (I have 5 this semester, 15 credits) say that the minimum hour requirement per week is 18 hours; Probably because I’m an English minor and most of my classes are English classes. Boo… So this adds up to 90 hours a week devoted to school alone. I work about 33 hours a week at the chiro office and I coach about 10 hours a week (this could be significantly higher if there’s more than one game, which there usually is during basketball season and basketball season in now). This comes out to a total of 133 hours a week that I devote to things that are required of me. Okay, yes, coaching is an option, but it pays way better than even the chiro does and it brings me the most personal satisfaction and happiness. There are only 168 hours in a week. This means 79.1666% of my time a week isn’t really mine. I have 35 hours to myself a week of free time… this would mean I get to sleep 5 hours a night if I’m lucky and that’s it. It’s not even 24 hours into the first day of school and I already feel like quitting. I just have to keep in mind the cap in gown I get to wear in April… but still really? Feeling super overwhelmed right about now. Here’s to another semester. And yes, those are all my books for one semester...

No comments:

Post a Comment