Thursday, January 6, 2011

Shuffle

So I recently decided to put my CD player in my car on shuffle cause I was going a little crazy listen to the same songs in the same order over and over again. Even though there’s like 150 songs on the CD, I just don’t have time to make a new one right now and I’m not a fan of radio commercials. Anyway… so I decided to use the shuffle button for the first time since I have owned the car. Now it’s been a rough week for me… just a lot happening and a lot running through my mind, and I have just felt like there is a lot required and expected of me lately. Simply feeling overwhelmed. So here I am chilling in my car listening to the music, pressing the “next” button over and over again (this is what I do… I have music ADD… I use that button so much that the paint is actually peeling off already) and this song kept popping up like every other song. Yes, I skipped it like the first 5 times but then I buckled down a listened to it in its entirety (that in itself is a miracle). It was the weirdest thing. But it describes my feelings and the questions I have had in my mind lately. I tend to get a little freaked out by spiritual things so this was a little weird to me. It was also a little comforting. Here’s the lyrics to this song…

Where can I turn for peace?
Where is my solace
When other sources cease to make me whole?
When, with a wounded heart, anger, or malice
I draw myself apart searching my soul?
Where, when my aching grows?
Where, when I languish?
Where, in my need to know?
Where can I run?
Where is the quiet hand to calm my anguish?
Who, who can understand?
He, only One.
He answers privately.
Reaches my reaching.
In my Gethsemane, Savior, and friend.
Gentle, the peace He finds
For my beseeching.
Constant He is, and kind.
Love without end.

I know this is kind of a spiritual post for me, but it’s necessary every now and then right? And then there's this super cute girl who I got to babysit last night who means the world to me! Thank you Kim and Chris for letting me be able to spend so much time with her! I remember when she was born and they were worried I would corrupt her... haha. She makes me so incredibly happy! Sorry the video is sideways, I'm computer retarded and can't fix it. And I know with her devil horns and red eyes she looks a little Satanic in the picture, but still she's still cute and loves to play her guitar.

No comments:

Post a Comment