Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Our First Christmas

Our first Christmas as a married couple, didn't go exactly how I thought it would, but it was still
great! I didn't plan on being in bed most of the day or having a fever. We didn't plan our meals around my super sensitive stomach or my constant nausea. But we were able to create traditions that we can continue in the future and we really did have a good Christmas. We were able to go to Zoo Lights with the Nield's a couple weeks before Christmas.

Cortney insisted on wearing her Panda costume and riding the Panda on the carousel.
This is the only picture that you will see of Spencer and I together because I am in no condition to take pictures at the moment.
2 weeks in bed does not make one feel pretty at all. For Christmas Eve we have decided to make this Mexican goodness that Spencer is pretty much a pro at making.
I cannot remember the name... because it's in Spanish. It was delicious! And yes, those are cheese balls in the background... AMAZING! Until they come up in the middle of a Smith's visit.... now we aren't friends. I did not throw dinner up, although I did not eat as much of it as I would have normally. It consisted of steak, bacon, red and green peppers, onions, and pineapple with mozzarella cheese melted on top.

Then you scoop it into warm corn tortillas and it is amazing! I am not even gagging at the thought of it. That is a HUGE deal! I also made salsa for dinner... and if you've tasted my salsa you know it's amazing!
Basically I miss food and that's why I'm making such a big deal out of it right now.

We both had a blast picking our presents for each other and watching each other open them.

Our favorite gifts may be the ones ones that others bought us for the baby... cannot wait until next year when we get to have an actual family Christmas with the stubborn fetus. We continued my family's tradition of strawberry waffles on Christmas morning. Pretty sure we just really liked using the waffle maker that we got for our wedding. It is a pretty awesome machine.
I am so thankful that even though it wasn't maybe exactly what we had imagined for a first Christmas, I am so thankful that Spencer was able to enjoy himself and be supportive of me and what I needed. I really hope that I can get better for him really soon. I finally tried the unisom that everyone suggested, and it did not help... sadly. Second trimester starts soon, so hopefully I will be able to get out of bed and eat again soon. I am also thankful that I am not an elephant. Did you know that they can be pregnant up to 2 years? I could not do that! Hope everyone's Christmas was AMAZING!

No comments:

Post a Comment