Friday, December 23, 2011

2011 Highlights

This has been a great year for me! Of course I have been hounded by ups and downs and am
currently living in a body which is no longer my own. This past year has been THE most significant year of my life. While looking at my post high lighting last year I can't believe that I
felt that those moments were most significant than the
ones that I have been able to experience in this past year. These were the best things that
happened to me this past wonderful year!!! Enjoy....

1. Nichole Comes to Visit
Nichole was one of my closest friends in high school and the last time I saw her was when she
came to visit my in Hawaii in 2005... Well I was lucky enough to have her come and visit me for
my birthday and it was awesome! I always find such a sense of comfort when my favorite
people from my past come back into my life and it's like nothing ever changed. We had a blast
when she was here! We went to the Sundance Film Festival, she came and helped me coach, we
got massages, we went bowling, and we ate great food! I sincerely hope that we don't wait
another 6 years to see each other...

2. Graduation
I never intended that I would ever graduate college. I went to college to get married of course.
But 7 years later I left BYU Idaho without a husband, without a fiance, but with a degree. I had
absolutely no idea that I would meet my future husband the next month. I think that I was
suppose to get that degree, and then I could obtain the blessings that I wanted so badly.
Graduation was so special because because Kim and Mom got to graduate with me. And, bonus,
my Dad got to hand us our diplomas. It was basically AWESOME!


3. Conference
Conference in April has become somewhat of a tradition for my family... to actually be able to go to the Conference Center is a huge blessing and I love being able to go with my family! I love that all the girls in the family including my awesome Aunt Julie and her girls, all go to Red Robin while
the guys go to their Priesthood session. Traditions are so important to me and make me feel as
though there's something more than just living life everyday to get through it. Traditions make
life that much better.


4. Les Miserables
This was one of the most amazing opportunity's of my life. I am completely obsessed with this
book, with the music, and with the story line. My personal copy of the book is highlighted like crazy and is so special to me. I felt truly blessed to be able to attend this production, and ever
more awesome... I got to buy a sweet dress, that I will never get to wear until late next year.
Probably not worth the money, but the dress looked great and it was a great night!


5. Jason
I know it might seem a little weird that my little brother being missing is a highlight, but it was a
wonderful experience for me. Not only did it occur during a time when Spencer and I could grow
closer together as a couple, but it also drew me closer to my family and helped me to better
understand the unconditional love that I have for my brother. I am so glad that he is okay and
at home with my family now and doing the things that I know will bring him happiness in the
future.


6. The Fam Moves to Utah
I am so blessed to be able to have my family move to Utah and be so close to me! It was
wonderful to have them here to help me plan my wedding and to be able to cook us dinner every Sunday. I love a homecooked meal once a week. I am so so happy that they live here. I cannot
effectively express to them how much I love them!

7. Meeting Spencer
These next three may seem similar, but they are very different. Meeting Spencer was the best thing that has ever happened to me... and that is because if I had never met him, then I would
have never gotten engaged to him or marry him. I was instantly attracted to Spencer, but never
in a million years did I imagine that he would be interested in me. We had so much fun
when we were dating and I realized that I had never been treated that well by any male in my life, except my Dad. That's when I knew he was a keeper!


8. Getting ENGAGED!!!
Spencer was so crafty and so smooth when he proposed. I was so surprised! I love that he
included my cheerleaders in our special day. He just did everything right! As you can tell, I'm still over the moon about it!!! Watch the AWESOME video here.




9. Getting MARRIED!!!
As most of you know, I never thought that I would never get married... NEVER! But it happened and it was amazing and the day was perfect! I couldn't have asked for anything to be better. The
weather was amazing, our families were so helpful and so wonderful, and the pictures my sister took turned out awesome! Yes, I am glad that it is over and that I will never have to do it again,
but it was perfect! Plus I married such an amazing guy!




10. Discovering the Joys of Pregnancy...
Spencer and I wanted a big family... but we wanted to wait a couple years and enjoy life with just the two of us. Unfortunately, that wasn't the plan for us. It has been a very rough pregnancy
and I have been very sick, but we are still looking forward to having this miracle come into our life and to be able to be parents. It's very exciting, but at the same time, it is possibly the scariest
thing I have ever done in my life!!!! I feel so much pressure to do everything right and to make sure this baby has everything it needs. It will definitely be an interesting journey.

Other highlights in pictures....








It's been an amazing year! I cannot wait for 2012!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment