Sunday, December 26, 2010

Favorite Memories of 2010....

I feel like I have done a lot this year... Well at least a lot has changed. Not in the certain aspects that I wish they would, but in other ways. So let's talk good memories of 2010.

1. Sledding at Soliders Hollow. It was actually tubing but I had a blast! The best part was using the kiddy tubes. But I went with Shelly and Aaron and it was free. Almost anything free is awesome! Doesn't get much better than that!2. Vegas Birthday Weekend. It was a fun weekend! And yes birthdays should have an entire weekend or week devoted to them! I am a very strong believer of the birthday week. It was both mine and my friend Shelly's birthday so she and I, her boyfriend at the time Neil and Stewart all headed to Vegas. The drive down was nuts because it was snowing like a ton and the roads were a mess. When we finally got there early in the AM Neil, who had never been to Vegas before, was simply amazed! Every sign we passed with a half dressed lady or anything at all really got an "Oh" or an "Awww" from him. It was definitely entertaining. It was also fun because my Dad and Jason were in Vegas and we got to spend one night with them. That night wass less enjoyable because Neil snores like a freight train! It was no bueno! My boss Dr. Woodmansee was also there and we got to meet up with him for dinner... he's always good for a laugh. I was also able to meet up with Brandon an old friend from high school which was awesome! We had a great time and even went and saw the Hoover Dam. And Neil saw Beyonce in Burger King.
3. Kim, Chris & Cortney Move to Town. This is probably one of the best things of the year! I have had so much fun spending time with them, especially Cortney. Let's be honest, I am her favorite and so it works out really well to be able to see her more often.

4. Conference With the Family. We got to go to Conference in April in the conference center and then continued the tradition of ladies night out at Red Robin while the dudes head to priesthood. I always love it when I get to spend time with my family... Jake is always good for a laugh and Ryan is pretty fun to hassle. But we had a great time!


5. Coaching. This is one of the best things to ever happen to me in my life! I am so excited about coaching, and most days I love it! It's so fun being able to teach and help these girls become better at something they enjoy doing. I totally blend in with them and everyone thinks I'm a high school student, which I'm sure someday I will really appreciate, but right now that's not so much the look I'm going for. But it probably doesn't help that half the time I act like a high school student... my bad.

6. OTH. This may be the number one thing.... why didn't I write these in order of awesomeness??? Probably because I am just randomly thinking of memories... memories with pictures. Haha. Anyway I love the show One Tree Hill... okay I use to love it, kind of going downhill these days. But anyway back in January they came to Park City to film the season finale. So Allie (the best coworker ever!) and I decided to head up there after work one day to watch and hopefully get to see some of the actors. In case you didn't already know, I am addicted celebrities! I get on people.com and tmz.com like 12 times a day. And the magazines!!!! I just love it all! Anyway not only did we get to watch them film a scene over and over and over again in the cold. But we got to meet 2 of the actors... Skills and Mouth. Mouth is actually an actor also from Boy Meets World, and we all knkow how I feel about that show! It was great! We also got to talk with the director Mark Schawn. It was one of the BEST THINGS EVER!

7. Weekend to San Diego. So my friend Aaron is from San Diego and randomly asked if I wanted to take a quick trip for the weekend down that way. Of course I said yes! It was a crazy trip and one speeding ticket and one blow out in Vegas later, we arrived. His family so so much fun to spend time with and made me laugh! We got to go to the beach and I also got to see my Aunt Cheryl and cousin Michael and his daughter Lily. And I also drove on a California highway by myself! And I survived! Tell you what though... I thought I was going to die! Thank goodness I was driving a truck! The best part may have been Aaron walking into the resurant without his shirt on (who does that?) oh and we also went to that place like 3 times in the 2 days we were there! Or maybe it was the bike rides! Everyone there rides those old fashioned bikes, so that's what we did. Right along the beach. And his niece Savannah totally attached herself to me the entire weekend. She was adorable! Great weekend!

8. Jake Gets His Eagle! Or Mom got Jake's Eagle... Haha. Not really Jake did a great job working for it! It was so fun to have the entire family together and to get that special video message from Jason. We all got to go fishing, which Grandpa (aka Dad) really enjoyed because he got to take his granddaughter fishing for the first time. I even had a good time fishing! That says something! We all even made a music video to send to Jason... if that's not bonding I don't know what is!


9. Waxing. So I decided to try to solve the problem of the hairy arms. The dark hairy arms. This was a mistake... one I have not made since. I burned and bruised and got all cut up! How I got cut I have no idea... but it was a disaster!
10. Snowboarding. So fun! So painful! So worth it! Really glad that I got to end the year doing something new. I'm lucky to have such good friends to invite me and to be patient enough with me to ask me to go!

11. Random Moments. And here's to all the other random good times throughout the year that are important enough to talk about individually.

No comments:

Post a Comment