Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Single Christmas

Okay... What an interesting holiday. By the way, I am still incredibly sore from snowboarding! I have a couple sweet bruises also. Good times! So every year I say that next year I'm not going to be single, I say that next year I won't be alone... I guess I'm all talk because here I am, alone. Again. Anyway, I have some family here who was nice enough to include me in their holiday. What an annoyance I am! I'm that relative that just lingers around and everyone feels sorry for because they're all alone so they feel obligated to include them. Blah! So for Christmas Eve my sister Kim invited me to Temple Square with her family and her in-laws. It was fun... It was cold... But I love it when Cortney cries when I'm leaving. Makes me feel wanted. It was really nice of her in-laws to let me intrude like that. But they said that I'm family so that made me feel good. So then this morning... Christmas morning... I actually had presents! And I didn't buy most of them! I got some super cute gifts from my cheer girls and from my awesome friends. I didn't include pictures of the meat that my parents gave us from our steer Hoffman Fredrickson, but here is he and I when he was still alive and kicking (may he rest in peace). So it was nice to have something to open, but it was the most depressing thing to open them by yourself. I cannot even express how depressing and sad that was. Moving on... I went to Uncle Bill's and Aunt Julie's for an hour which was fun, but they had so much family there that it was a little awkward for me to hang out there. So then I went back to Kim's house where, like in most conversations these days, we turned to my "singleness". They said that they had a guy for me, like most people say... most people don't know what I'm looking for because the guys they choose are no bueno. Most of the guys they choose aren't even close to what I'm looking for. But the guy they had in mind was two thumbs up... But I highly doubt anything will come from that, and just in case it doesn't we decided that when Chris's 9 year old brother Paul gets home from his mission we can get married. So here's me and my future husband... Anyway so we went to Temple Square again and went to the Beehive House and the old Tabernacle and just hung out. For being Christmas day it was gorgeous outside! Didn't really feel like Christmas at all! I promise I was not meaning to touch Joseph Smith's bum, it was just natural to put my hand there. Didn't even realize it until someone said something. My bad. Then I did hop the fence to take a picture on the cow. I really wanted to take that picture and I knew that since it was Christmas I wouldn't get arrested. And of course I had to take a picture with a pole... it's kind of my thing. And yes I really do have that many fillings in my teeth. And yes Mom I had a delicious breakfast, not the traditional strawberry waffles with whipped cream (tear) but yes, sparkling cider with breakfast... no cup. Straight out of the bottle. This is what single Mormon girls do when they're depressed. And for dinner, yes I ate the entire plate - don't judge because I am single on Christmas, Alfredo with bow tie pasta (because bow tie pasta is the best pasta ever) with red onions and an entire bag of broccoli. And yes, another bottle of Sparkling cider because one is never enough, especially when you're single on Christmas. I think it's a really good thing that I don't drink today. Here's to not being single next year! Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment