Friday, March 25, 2011

The Challenge...

I am a doubter. I never truly believe in anything until I see the results of the action. Usually I like these results instantly. I’m an impatient and imperfect person that’s for sure. Well in January, my lovely coworker Allie issued me a challenge. She challenged my to not watch any rated R movies this year. Rated R movies are one of my many weaknesses. One of my favorite movies (Sweeney Todd) is rated R! But for whatever reason I took all of my rated R movies and put them under my bed so that I wouldn’t watch them. Let’s be honest… reaching under the bed to way to much work for me! When I go out with friends and they suggest seeing a rated R movie I have been very persuasive when it comes to seeing something else. Anyway I think I did it more as a Lent kind of thing, just to see if I could, but Allie told me that I would be blessed if I did this. I think she has a lot of spiritual power because her Grandfather is an Apostle. Anyway the blessings already have been overwhelming and it’s only been 3 months! I have been able to, by some miracle; pay off 3 of my credit cards completely. I was able to find a new and awesome job so quickly. I get to continue coaching, which has really made my life and I was convinced that I would have to quit when I found a “real” job. And then today something else happened. So after paying off one of my cards on Monday with a pretty huge payment, I realized that I wasn’t even going to come close to having enough money for rent or car payment or food even. How poor is that? Anyway I went to check my bank account this morning, you know the kind of check that you do when you’re covering your eyes cause you really need to see it but really don’t want to, and the school district, that only pays 3 times a year, paid me a month early, and now I have absolutely nothing to worry about. I really hate worrying about money, but I just barely (I know pathetic) realized how important it is that I take care of my old debt, even if that means I go without other stuff. I just cannot believe that this kind of thing is happening to me. I have never been the exception before and all of the sudden, these blessings are overwhelming me. I’m pretty much an emotional mess and I don’t even understand it, but I do know that the spacing of these blessings is no coincidence. And by the way the definition of a coincidence is a miracle in which God chooses to remain anonymous. Just when I’m about to fall, I receive a blessing that keeps me going until I start feeling that weakness all over again. Heavenly Father truly knows me and how I work. It’s amazing! Allie is amazing and I am so sad that next week is our last week working together… even though I’m mad because she is in the Bahamas’ right now. She has been an amazing blessing in my life. I feel like she encourages me to do better. She makes me want to be better. Pretty sure she’ll get to the Celestial Kingdom just for her hard work with me. Thanks Allie! That picture is me by the way... not Allie. She would kill me if I ever posted anything like that of her on here!

No comments:

Post a Comment