Saturday, March 5, 2011

A Day at the Zoo...

I was lucky enough to be able to take this gorgeous little girl to the zoo yesterday so that Kim could get some homework done. It was such a nice day outside and they have a zoo membership so it was free, plus Cortney loves the zoo. Apparently she likes to feed the ducks, which I have never done before, so we did that first. Turns out she like to watch you feed the ducks. I got bored after like 2 minutes so I started trying to hit the swans in the head with the food. I'm so grown up. But hey I accomplished that goal. Next we went to the playground and after only playing for a few minutes Cortney sat inside a big egg that was pretty much full of water. She sat there for about a good 20 seconds before she realized she was sitting in water. I walked behind her laughing so hard after because she spread her legs far apart and walked like that because she was wet. I'm sure people were judging my parenting style. Cortney was acting kind of weird and kept lying down on the sidewalk or walking really weird the entire time... I'm not quite sure what was going on there. I introduced her to churro's, which she wouldn't even touch until I took a bite of and then she wanted it and wouldn't give it back! We also once again hit up the carousel. Sorry Kim, you will never be able to take her to the zoo again without going on it. It was a good day. It ended with a trip to five guys (AMAZING) and I went and saw The Adjustment Bureau. It was a pretty good movie. A couple things really stuck out to me like a line that said "I have nothing but my choices" and a short conversation about how impulse ruins opportunity. I think I often use impulse to ruin opportunity. And then after that we watched The Case of the Jade Scorpion, who has even heard of that movie? But it was a Woody Allen film and I have decided that he's just the cutest little man! It was a good day yesterday...

No comments:

Post a Comment