Tuesday, July 5, 2011

ENGAGED!!!!

STORY TIME


The 4th of July has always been my favorite holiday. It's hot, you get to BBQ, and there's amazing fireworks! Well in Utah yesterday it was not hot... in fact, while lining up my cheerleaders for the West Jordan parade, it was actually raining... that part was not awesome, even though I normally love the rain... it's not good on the 4th. It was crazy trying to get them all lined up with their mini cheer clinic girls and ready to walk the parade route. I thought I was going to be cool enough to ride on the float, but I was needed at the back of the line to make sure that the girls were doing the cheers and to keep everything in line. As we started walking I shook hands with members of the school board and cheered along with the girls. When we were almost directly in front of my family we stopped to do some stunting and to cheer towards the crowd in stead of just walking and cheering. I was thrilled because I like my family to see my cheerleaders and what I work on with them. Right after the cheer ended the girls all started singing one of our band dance songs "Hey Baby". Most schools play this song so I knew it well, but my first thought was "Stop singing! It sounds lame without the band playing with you and people are gonna think we're retarded! And I don't like to look retarded!" Suddenly I realized that they were changing the words. They sang, "Hey, Hey Jenn. He wants to know, if you'll be his girl." At this point I had no idea what was going on and I thought they were calling me out and wanting me to dance or something. Then I saw him. The girls kept singing and Spencer came out from the crowd, got down on his knee in front of all my cheerleaders and all of those people at the parade, including my family and some of his own family, and told me he loved me and asked me to marry him. Of course I said yes. When he first knelt down I felt like I needed to get down with him and it didn't click with me what was going on. I was shaking so badly and I don't remember half of what the video shows. But it was amazing! I am a super hard person to surprise and I was so surprised! Spencer connected with my cheerleaders through Facebook and text and worked everything out with them. I am so impressed and so happy that he was able to do it in front of my family and my cheerleaders. Two groups of the most important people in the world to me! I couldn't have asked for a better more memorable proposal. And on my favorite holiday too! The ring is gorgeous! Not many people are liking it, but I honestly don't care. I wouldn't want anything else! It's two carats and rose gold, which isn't something I ever thought I would want but I love it!!! It's so unique and it's huge (bonus). I am so happy and so impressed with everyone in my life being able to keep this secret from me! Thank you to everyone who helped Spencer make this happen!!! We are going to be married on September 10th, 2011 in the Salt Lake Temple. We picked this date so that it would be easy for Spencer to remember.... 9-10-11. He says he is awful with dates so I thought I would make it easy on him. Spencer is so excited to help me with all the planning and basically he is just amazing! I cannot wait to marry him for eternity and to be able to spend every second with him. We have so much to do in 8 weeks, but I have been overwhelmed with the amount of help that has been offered. I really have some great friends! I cannot express how grateful I am to have found Spencer in my life. I have waited a long time to find that perfect person for me and the timing couldn't be better. We have everything already that we need to start a home (including a crock pot) and that is a good feeling. I love that he shares my excitement for the future and keeps reminding me that he no longer has a girlfriend, but a fiance. I cannot stop looking at my ring!!! I have waited a long time for that finger to be occupied and it's a good feeling! I could go on and on about how excited I am, but I won't because that would surely bore you. I hope you all enjoy the video, which Spencer's best friend Jason did an amazing job with (Jason you rock and I am so happy that I have this video in my life forever!) and the pictures. I hope you all had an amazing 4th and that you are all happy and well. Cause I sure am!

Spencer Ahlstrom.... I love you!

8 comments:

  1. Ok...so cute. I almost cried...literally. Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ring is gorgeous! I loved the whole proposal. What a creative man you caught. I am so freaking happy for you Jen!!!! You two are adorable together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny! Congrats! I am SUPER happy for the both of you! And your ring is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also...side note. I think you should do another story time and post how you guys met, first date, etc...I'm just curious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AHHHHH!!!!!! YAY! I loved everything about this. 2 carats! Dang... the boys got some good taste! I love unique rings! Never in my days did I think I'd be wearing a 1 carat black diamond! But I love it! You're fabulous! Go you and Spencer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWESOME!!! So sweet & cute. I didn't realized my 4 year old was watching until kissed, and I heard him announce, "YUCK!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, and I love the ring!!totally unique and HUGE!

    ReplyDelete