Wednesday, February 23, 2011

13.1

That is the number of miles I am planning on running... Allie, who I work with, and I have decided that we need to run a half marathon. The one we have in mind we thought it was in May but now we found out it isn't until August. But it is definitely going to happen. And since neither of us are "runners" we have decided that we need to start training now. Yes, I know normal people only take 12 weeks to train but we take 24. That's how cool we are. I really want to be able to finish it under 2 hours (heavy groan and aching muscles just thinking about it). So that's my goal and since it's a downhill race I think I have a good chance of that happening. A good chance of that and some wicked shin splints the next day. So I started training on Monday and come to find out I run wrong so I am having to train my body to run the correct way, which is not on my heel. So my body is pretty sore from that. No bueno. Also midterms just ended (thank goodness) and so far these are my grades. Considering my life, I'm pretty happy with them. And considering that most of them are English classes I'm pretty happy with that. I'm exhausted with life, but happy with the grades. Oh but then don't worry I quickly became depressed when I read about Johnny Depp's salary in a magazine... Really? Why can't that be my life? If I could make in one year what he makes in one hour I think I would be a very happy woman... okay maybe not very happy, but satisfied at least while I'm single. but if I made what he makes in a day in a year... yeah I'd be good with that for sure. Maybe I could write him a letter and explain my situation and he would be sympathetic to my plight. Right? Hey, a girl can dream. So yesterday was also my final JV basketball game... This means I made it through my first game year as a coach! And it was completely amazing! Stressful at times yes, but so awesome! Sorry the picture is blurry... the second someone else touches my camera it become possessed. Not even kidding. It's haunted I'm pretty sure. Anyway coaching has been amazing. I went into it thinking I would love it, but I have come out of it with that, and amazing friends (yes, they are in high school... DON'T JUDGE ME), and so much new knowledge! It has been amazing and has lifted my self esteem! I am really looking forward to next year. Now I have to go clean my mess of a room... it's gotten pretty bad! My life is beyond exciting! Whoop whoop. (note the sarcasm please)

No comments:

Post a Comment