Sunday, February 6, 2011

A Week In the Life of Jenn... Sunday

My sister and I are doing this week in the life of... blog style(whatever that means), so here is my lovely Sunday for you to take a peek at. Sundays are my days to sleep in. I love it! So I woke up around 9:02.... I love how dark my room is! I could sleep all day due to my tiny window and black curtain! AMAZING! Plus I think having 11am church is the best possible time to have church! So I got ready... this usually requires me trying on like 10 different outfits (you'll see those pictures at the end on the entry) and doing a million things with my hair. It usually ends up pretty boring, but oh well. Church was good. Fast Sunday is always entertaining in a singles ward. Not quite sure if you're allowed to take pictures at church, so this is the only one you get. When I got home from church I made myself a Caesar salad with pepperoni on the side (did you know pepperoni has no carbs?) and watched He's Just Not That Into You... watching it for the second time right now actually. If you haven't seen it, look up quotes from it or something. It totally fits my life. Great movie! One of my favorite quotes is at the end and goes something like,

"Girls are taught a lot of stuff growing up. If a guy punches you he likes you. Never trim your own bangs. And someday you will meet a wonderful guy and get your very own happy ending. Every movie we see, every story we're told implores us to wait for it; the third act twist, the unexpected declaration of love, the exception to the rule. But sometimes we're so focused on finding our happy ending we don't learn how to read the signs. How to tell from the ones who want us from the ones who don't. The ones who will stay and the ones who will leave. And maybe your happy ending doesn't include a guy, maybe... it's you... moving on. Or maybe the happy ending is this, knowing after all the unreturned phone calls, broken-hearts, through the blunders and misread signals, through all the pain and embarrassment you never ever gave up hope."


Basically I need to learn from this movie that I am the rule and not the exception. Then I attempted to take a nap, but my roommate was in the living room with a friend playing hippie Jesus music and I couldn't sleep. Sundays were made to include a nap and I get pretty grumpy when I don't get my nap. Enter Allie. She texted me and told me to come over and watch the Super Bowl which I did. On my drive over I couldn't help but to notice how gorgeous the mountains looked. Probably shouldn't have taken the pictures while I was driving and I was also on my cell phone, but I'm still alive. It was fun and she made this yummy french dip sandwich for me on a heart shaped plate (excuse how creepy I look in the picture... I was probably just excited about the food). It was just nice to have somewhere to go. I didn't get to see it... but I just watched Christina Aguilera screw up the National Anthem at the Super Bowl... Really? That upsets me a little. Okay it upsets me a lot... That is the one song that means something to every single American and she couldn't get it right? Lame. She shouldn't get paid. While I was at Allie's I got this text from one of my girls. If you can't read it it says, "Send me a picture of you. I need it for men." Haha! Really? For men?My cheerleaders are super entertaining and pretty concerned about my love life! Of course I sent her one cause I need a man, what can I say? And she has this hot uncle, so that should happen. While I was there Allie and I made some goals for this week since she will be going to Atlantis in March and I will hopefully be heading out on a cruise shortly there after and we want to look good in the swimsuits. When I got home I realized that I probably should clean my room. I am totally OCD. There's no way I would be able to sleep if my room looked like this. It just gives me major anxiety to have a messy room. Plus I sleep 1000 times better in a made bed. It's kind of weird I know. Here's the before (notice the pile of clothes). And here's the after. Much better. So now I'm going to watch another movie, do a little writing in the journal and go to bed! Possibly eat some kind of snack... yeah that'll definitely be happening. I'm thinking pepperoni and watching Hook. Hopefully tomorrow will be a little more exciting for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment