Thursday, February 3, 2011

Experiments...

So I have been trying out a few new things lately. Being 25 now, I feel as though I need to get more adventurous and exciting and that I need to make some changes.

First, I was online and there was this article talking about how Americans spend over $43 million (or maybe it was billion) dollars a year buying water at the store because it tastes better (love me some smart water!), when really tap water has more minerals and really is better for you if it’s filtered. So I found these water bottles called Bobbles. They actually filter as you drink out of them. This is perfect for work because our water tastes like it’s straight out of a baby’s diaper and it’s so nasty! So every time we drink water we used this water filter that we ended up filling up like twice a day (we drink a lot of water) anyway it was super annoying. So I ordered one for me and one for Allie and so far so good. They’re not perfect but they really work! It’s AMAZING! I think they would be perfect for road trips. They weren’t even very expensive and you can order the filters in different colors to spice things up. Each filter lasts up to 300 gallons of water or about 2 months. Here’s to going green! And yes that is Dustin Hoffman on the wall behind me... Allie drew a mustache on him. Not cool.

Second, at my basketball game on Tuesday I was feeling young and was messing around with my girls and we decided to jump down into the splits from standing. I remember trying this back in the day when I was a JV cheerleader and I remember having absolutely no success. Why I thought this would be different 10 years later I do not know. When I jumped to go down I slipped (dang new shoes) and went into the splits but hit my left knee hard onto the wood floor as well as jamming my wrists and screwing up my neck. I seriously couldn’t move for like 5 minutes. Pretty sure I just laid on the gym floor curled up in the fetal position. It hurt so bad! I’m sure people were looking at me like I was crazy. My girls were laughing so hard. But on my left hand you can see towards the heel of my hand a small bruise… it’s deceiving. It hurts like crazy and a hard lump has now developed underneath it. Joyous! And then there are the lovely beginnings of the bruise on my left knee. The worst part about it is that I can’t run or anything on it for at least a week. I need to get skinny and this is not going to help. Oh and apparently I also gave myself nasty whiplash... It's a good thing I work at a Chiropractic office right? The neck is killing! Third, I decided that I need to adopt Andy Bernard’s (The Office) New Years Resolution to learn to cook for one; therefore, eliminating wasted food. Anyone who knows me knows that I do not like left over’s and unfortunately I always always always cook way too much food then I just throw it out. This was my dinner from last night. Cheese tortellini with Alfredo sauce and an entire bag of steamed broccoli with melted cheese. So good (and yes Mom I am still eating my veggies even though the chance of getting a healthy grandchild from me is running out of time… Just saying it might not happen)! But that was only half of the pasta. So much wasted food! So we will see what I can do. Fourth, I have started listening to CES firesides or Conference talks in the morning on my IPod instead of watching a movie. The IPod is an amazing thing! I just carry it around with me even into the car and keep listening to the same talk. Anyway this morning I chose to listen to a fireside with Elder Jeffery R. Holland called “Lessons learned at Liberty Jail.” So good! It focused mostly on D & C 121-123 and basically it came down to three things that we should remember. 1. God has not forgotten you. I often feel forgotten so this was a nice reassurance to me, especially when it’s backed up by the example of how Joseph Smith so often was cast into prison or tarred and feathered and still be knew that the Lord was still there for him. If I have anything, even as small as a boring song pops up on my IPod I feel forgotten. Geez I’m needy. 2. The Savior has been where you’ve been. I remember how awesome it was when I first realized that Christ has felt everything that I have felt. Every pain, sorrow, and every heartbreak. I can barely handle my share, let alone everyone in the worlds. Pretty sure that would strike me dead so fast. I can’t even imagine! And to be willing to feel it for people you don’t even know, is way above the kind of person I can even hope to become. 3. The powers of heaven cannot be controlled or handled except by righteousness. Okay so the third one doesn’t make a lot of sense to me, but I understand that it’s good to be righteous. Anyway I have noticed a change in my attitude in the morning and that’s a good thing for everyone. Trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment