Saturday, February 5, 2011

Seven Deadly Sins...

I completed a project today that dealt with the seven deadly sins... Unfortunately for me I realized that I commit these sins on a daily basis. Now I know that there is some debate on the 7 deadly sins, but these are the ones I choose to use.

LUST - I am B-O-Y crazy! Have we not figured this out yet? I didn't start out that way but it always seems to be that you want the thing that you can't have the most. And since I am unlovable for whatever reason, I have not been in a serious relationship for years, so I just look at guys and I can only wish. This is why I watch The Hills (Brody Jenner) or Christian Bale or any movie with any good looking guys... to lust after them!

GLUTTONY - I LOVE food! Food is a passion for me! It is a desire and my life would suck without it! I am not one of those girls that doesn't eat. I eat everything on my plate and then some. I have gotten complaints about this believe it or not. I could eat and eat and eat all day if I really wanted to, but I was also blessed with feeling guilty all the time and so that eventually catches up to me after a couple bags of chips or so, thank goodness. I could spend so much money of food it's ridiculous. Food is perfection!

GREED - I am a greedy person. I always have been. I think that most of what I do is for personal gain. It may seem like I'm helping or benefiting others, but really I'm not. Almost everything I do has some selfish idea underlying it. I can't help it. I think that I hide it well, but I do like doing things for others I just want good things to happen for myself too. I take people on vacation because I want to spend time with them. It's all about the Jenn. I think that I deserve a heck of a lot better than what I have now in life, that's for sure.

SLOTH - I am one of the most laziest people you will ever meet! I could lie in bed all day and not even care. Most Saturdays are spent in bed doing homework. I don't even change out of my PJ's. I have absolutely no motivation and this I believe leads me to be lazy. I'm actually texting a friend at this very moment about the awesomeness of being slothful. I am convinced that if I weren't lazy I would have everything I want in life plus more. But old habits die hard I guess.

VANITY - Okay so this one is probably the least of my issues, but really. I was blessed with extremely low self esteem... a challenge I try daily to overcome without success. Some days are better than others. But I think I am most guilty of this sin when I see a happily married couple together shopping in Walmart, while I'm shopping for one and I think "I'm prettier than her. Why am I not married?" Yes this happens all the time and I know I'm an awful person for it, but it happens.

ENVY - I envy almost everyone! Put a person in front of me and I can tell you something about them that I envy. It's awful! I honestly don't like anything about me except my perfect toes, my blue eyes, and the fact that I am a cheerleading coach, so in my eyes almost everyone else has something better than I do and I want it.

WRATH - Have you seen my wrath? I am a very vengeful person. I'm not bragging I'm just stating the truth. I have been hurt so badly and so many times that these days I don't fight back so hard, most of the time it's a lot more subtle, but still the wrath of Jenn is one to be feared! Really I am a very angry and bitter person. I have learned how to hide this over the years, but it honestly doesn't take much to make me mad... Not a pleasant thing or an attractive quality I know, but it's who I am.

So those are my confessions for the day. I went to a cheer competition tonight where we got first... again. This was the best that I have ever seen the girls do and they were absolutely AMAZING! It was at our rival school Bingham and Sami, Courtney, and I couldn't resist taking this picture with their midget wizard on the wall. (taken with the IPod so forgive the quality please). And here's also a bruise update. It looks worse in person I promise, but I'm loving it!

No comments:

Post a Comment